Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minersville!
Well i went up to Beaver to fish on the river do some fly and yet again i didnt get a chance to really fly the way i want yet since i got all my equipment this year. So being that the river was so low (more of a creek then a river) and most of the area private was hard to really fly fish the way i wanted. So me and my father decided to check out Minersville being that i heard a lot of hype in the last few weeks about that place. The lake is about 10 - 15 miles west of beaver and Artifical Flies and Lures only with limit of 1 fish max 22inches long. So the first 2 hours i used everything and nothing not one bite we were close to the dam. We were about to check out another lake when i thought hey why not just try another place on the lake. About 10mins into the new area of the lake we were fishing i get a strike but the fish was barely 8inchs long small little cuttbow im guessing looks like a rainbow but had faint cutthroat markins under the jaw. So i was like well i thought there were alot of big fish kinda getting the thought that the hype was wrong when my father hits a BIG ONE. He lands a 5lb 23inch FAT RAINBOW and must had the largest pink band across the side that ive ever seen on a rainbow beautiful fish. So to make a long story short we caught about 9 - 10 fish couple small ones that were 8 - 12inches but the rest were 18 - 25inches long and just really big size rainbows mostly. We caught and released them all decided that even though we both caught 22+inch sized fish we decided to release them. I recommend this lake if u want to catch some KOLOB sized fish and the lake wasnt busy at all even though it was a monday. Definatly follow the regulations because thats the reason why there some nice sized fish in there.
[signature]