Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's all the ducks???
I have had the worst start of the season in my memory. I have been to Ogden bay in numerous places, Howard Slough 6 times, BRBR 3 times and the weber river 3 times. Total i have only shot 10 ducks and 1 goose for all my effort. Is anyone doing better anywhere else? I guess i will start fishing again.[Sad]
[signature]
from what ive been hearing this is the best duck season in 20yrs
[signature]
It has been a good season for me. Darn near limits every time I have been out. That being said, the last two weekends I have been out chasing bambis dad and have not put forth much effort on the feathers. I have heard though that the last two weeks have been horrible. I also know that a good chunk of Canada have yet to really freeze up. I will be out there Wednesday, hoping this last cold front pushed some migrants down. If not a sun tan would not be so bad.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Your doing alot better than I am. I've only gone once yesterday. Got 2 ducks. [/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Most of the local ducks have become decoy wise. This cold front should push in some new ducks and improve the hunt. I am with OEJ limits everytime I have gone out and I hunt the BRBR religiously. May be I can give you some hints. PM me if you want some secrets

Pete
[signature]
Yeah, some help would be great. I have never had problems decoying ducks but i can't buy a lock-up to save my life. In 3 trips, we have had maybe 10 ducks lock into the dekes. Thanks for any help.
[signature]
I can help but you will need to give me some specifics.
Where do you hunt?
What decoys do you use?
How much do you call?
Which way is the wind blowing?
How hidden are you?
What shot size and gauge do you use?

I will give you some tips on the ducks after you answer the above questions.

PM me if you don't want your spot to be over run after you post.
[signature]
Hey lunkerhunter, don't give up. I have heard about and seen alot of movement of birds coming into the local marshes. A couple of guys I know were out this morning and were really excited about a flock of snow geese. The swans are starting to show up in good numbers.I saw lots of mallards while hunting pheasants near malad this past weekend. I should of been hunting ducks. gshorthair
[signature]
utwalleye told me that strawberry had a ton. in the chanle.
[signature]
Ok, I found them and now i am happy. We limited on ducks, got a giant canadian and a snow goose to boot! There were about 1,000 snows flying all over the refuge today. I havn't seen snow geese in these numbers and this early hunting in utah. I was standing in the duck decoys when it tried to land on me. I will post up the pics later.
[signature]
Glad you finally found them Brody. Can't wait to see the pic of the snow.
[signature]
I went out today to make sure there are not any ducks around. Guess what, nope no ducks anywhere. Nope, zero zilch - nadda.[sly]
[signature]