Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 10/31 Report
Went catching (you don't call it fishing this time of year at the Berry) with my regular fishing partner and two newbies from my office. We arrived at around 7 AM and saw Waterat - his boat and ours were the only two boats there. We headed to the south end and proceeded to have immediate success with pointers fished 8' deep or less - sometimes within 5 feet of the water's edge. After boating a quick 20 or so the sun came up, the pointers fishing went dead and we went to jigging with 4" pearl white tubes. The wind also came up and blew a steady 15 mph for the remainder of the trip. Fishing remained steady all morning and we managed to boat 76 before we decided to get out of the wind at around 11:45. Pictured is a nice 24"er that I got on a pointer, also had a 27-28"er at the boat but he threw it before I could get a net on him for a picture - I'll catch him again next time. Air temp upon arrival : 18 deg. and 45 at departure. Water temp remains about 44 degrees and very clear. Saw little or no sign of ice even at dawn even around the waterline. Can’t stay away, will hit it again Friday.
[signature]
[cool]AWESOME report, piscus, and nice cut in that pic. Too bad that big one got honery with you right at the boat, but you'll probably get him next time. Would love to see a pic of that one too! Good luck next trip.
[signature]
Another great report. Thanks again for keeping us posted.
[signature]
Great day Chris! We ended up fishing today as well. Probably got there just after you. Had a guy that I had to break from trolling for the first hour (best hour of fishing) and work out some motor problems before we could finally start throwing some white tubes and catching fish. Fish were pretty agressive, but they needed to be to beat the wind. Ended up catching two over the slot. All fish were released. Thanks again for the help. Jake
[signature]
Glad I could help out and that you guys had a good trip. The W was a little tough again today but the catching was still good. Don't winterize yet - the Berry is good for another month or so with soft water.
[signature]
Excellent report and nice fish!
I need to pick up a pointer minnow and try that method next time I go, just for some variety.
When I was out last Saturday, I had one fish on that I never saw. It was a "double hander" on the rod. I think I snagged one in the tail! It broke off before I ever saw it.
I know there are big ones down there!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Good to meet you piscispursuit. Complements to you and your floating outfit. That is a very nice setup. We also had a great day of catching. Put over 40 in the boat before leaving around 2pm. Largest was 23 ½. The W*** also slowed the bite but just a little.
[signature]
Likewise waterat, good to hear you got a bunch as well. See you on the water.
[signature]