Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Turkey Day
Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Did my traditional family turkey day fishing trip today. We were disappointed last year at Yuba, so we tried DC today. It was a good choice... There were three families including mine and everyone caught fish. We left with 12 fish that will be on my smoker saturday. Most were stock size but we did end up with three 18"ers. The wind was blowing all day but it didn't hamper the bites. We caught well over thirty fish in the three hours we were there. We used nothing but powerbait today. The kids from 2 to 14 had a blast.

Slayerace
[signature]
Sure sounds like a great outing with the family. We drove past Echo this morning and I saw one boat out on the water. They looked like they were trolling.
[signature]
Were you fishing from a boat or from shore? I've never really enjoyed Deer Creek for fishing. Seems to have less structure for the fish than other reservoirs around. Strawberry is my favorite by far. Sounds like you did pretty decent for a cold and windy day.
We were fishing from shore just north of rainbow bay. There is plenty of shoreline for the kiddies and enough structure in the water to lose 5 or 6 set ups.

Slayerace
[signature]