Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield wed 12/6/06
my brother and i decided to spend the day on scofield. the weather was perfect and the ice was 6 to 6.5 inches everywhere we went. (which was not too far because we were walking and pulling an ice tent) we fished on the outside edge of the dam arm today.

fishing was pretty good, but not great. bites were very subtle and you had to really pay attention to pick the fish up. best jigs for us were white paddlebugs and some other little pink jigs. (i think theyre called "little meanies") we tipped them with meal worms, wax worms, night crawlers, and later minnow chunks. we also tried some full 2 inch minnows. the far best bait for us was meal worms. 2nd was crawlers. 3rd was minnow chunks.

we fished next to a dwr officer spending his day off. officer mike milburn did good on the full minnows.(he caught a lot of tiger trout) he was good enough to share some of the minnows with us. but, we failed to get any tiger trout, and actually still did our best on mealies.(we caught only rainbows today) but, he had the touch today with those minnows. he was jigging a bit more actively than us, and thats probably why he got the tigers. rainbows seemed to want it very slow, or dead sticked.

we usually don't keep too many fish, but my grandpa made us promise to bring him a couple. we kept four, including a couple of pretty nice ones. all in all it was a pretty good day on the ice. should be a busy weekend down there!

here is the biggest fish i caught. it measured 20 inches and weighed in at 4lbs 2oz. very large girth!

[inline "Scofield 12-06-06_1.JPG"]

here is another shot of it

[inline "Scofield 12-06-06_2.JPG"]

and, here is the dinner group

[inline "Scofield 12-06-06_3.JPG"]
[signature]
Hey Bkidder , That is nice bow . Congrats .
[signature]
Good job on the troutskis! Scofield is next on my list to ice fish this weekend. How deep were you fishing?
Thanks for the post. Nice fish.
[signature]
we fished from 12-30 feet. best success for us came at around 22-25 feet. mike caught most of his tiger trout at around 12-15 feet deep.
[signature]
[cool]Very nice bow, dude-congrats. Sounds like a great time was had up there.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, my grandson and I will be up there in the morning for his first hardwater adventure.
[signature]
Thanks for the report,nice looking fish!
[signature]