Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duck'n 12/9
Me and a friend went out to Farmington to try are luck,it has been a month since my last outing and we found are spot froze in with about 2" of ice,I have hunted there for years and never seen it froze like that,plenty of moving water to keep the ice off,but not this year.so that made for a very late start,we got there at 5:30 AM and messed around in that spot for at least 2hrs.well after all that fun we found some open water on the west side of unit1 and got setup by 11:00AM,we didn't see much going out and didn't hear any shooting either ,It was looking like it was going to be a very slow blue bird day.
But it did pick up in the afternoon and we got a few.
[signature]
Nice work! Looks like things picked up very nicely!
[signature]
Yes very nice! Nothing like some greenheads in the deekes. I have never hunted farmington much. I have a better spot anyway.[sly]
[signature]
Thanks,TKB
And lunkerhunter,I have found I can drive 20Min or drive 21/2 hrs up to where your hunting and do just as good,I have done my scouting and have some good spots in very high pressure areas around salt lake that have been good to me the last few years,I have hunted saltcreek and the corrine area for many years and it is really good this time of year,but I hate getting up at 3:00AM to get my spots,when I can get up at 5:30 and do just as well.
Here is another pic that my buddy took on his phone,Gotta love GREEN.
[signature]
I meant no harm. I was just saying i have a better spot than farmington from what i have heard. As far as Corinne, i rarely drive that far. I went out to Ogden Bay tonight and shot 2 greenheads, a pinny, and a huge goose. I am glad you have a honey hole close to home. Don't EVER tell anyone where you hunt and be careful who you take. I have had 3 honey holes in the last 2 years, and one invite was all it took to ruin it.
[signature]
Your right about who you take,Thats why I dont take pics in the field that would give away the spot,And know harm taken sorry to come accross that way,good job on the goose I haven't seen one this year out in the marsh,I hunt ogden to but haven't been there this year,sounds like you got a good spot.
Do you walk in?I hunt the east side alot,I just got another scanoe,I made a dolly so I can carry both canoes and it doubles as a way to carry it accross dikes or ice or whatever.LOL.you can see in the picture it has wheels on the inside,it has worked out killer to get into areas that no mud boats can get into.and its camo now to this is an early picture while I was still making it.If you ever wanna get out,let me know and we can hook up.
Good hunting,
FNF[cool]
[signature]