Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pheromone
[size 2]I been looking around for (Fear)pheromone. I am trying to located it in a powder form if possible. Why I am asking is that I like to do research, test different scents and come up with different recipes for roe cure for salmon and steelhead and Bait-Oil Additives. Other word bait testing. Any help would be nice locating it.[/size]
[signature]
You might have better luck looking in France [Tongue]

Seriously, though, I think that has just been a hypothesis to date. I'm not aware of any isolated pheromone, especially not one being marketed. You might google it and see what you come up.
[signature]
I believe they have used them in studies of ants and bees, might try looking at some of that research.
[signature]
I took this information off the jar of cure I picked up while in salmon country.

for catalog on cures, sents, colors,
send $1.00 to

Atlas Bait Company Inc.
Po Box 608
Fort Atkinson WI 53538

You can get the cure at this place. It comes in powder. I picked up a 1.1lb jar for just under $5.oo

you can use this to cure Roe, minnows, herring. It takes 10-12 hours to cure, keeps for month in the refrigerator, or a year in the freezer.

Phone: 920-563-2046
[signature]
alarm substance (a substance produced in the round or oval alarm substance cells (previously called “clubcells") in the skin of Ostariophysi (Cypriniformes, Siluriformes) and Gonorhynchiformes, and which is released upon injury of the skin. On scenting the alarm substance members of the same species, and to a lesser extent related fishes, exhibit the fright reaction (q.v.). The dispersal of the alarm substance apparently normally acts to warn of the presence of a preying predator. The alarm pheromone is hypoxanthine-3N-oxide comprising a purine skeleton with N-O functional group and sensitive to relatively weak changes in pH. Also called alarm pheromone).

might I suggest insted of looking for an artificial substitute for the natural chemical above,

try this,

during your next salmon run.
abtain a male and milk him.
add a small amount of the milk to the cure and allow to dry. then apply it to the roe.....
(just a thought)
[signature]
Why I am asking for Pheromones in a powder form so I can add it to my salmon and steelhead bait cure that I use on the roe I sell. I want to start selling the bait cure in a powder form. I would be going thorugh many pounds of it. Thanks for your help.

Xtreme Northwest Bait Co.
[signature]