Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Red Lake report
well things are starting to move up north- the big guns are starting the yearly migration onto the lake slow but sure-there heading out to 8-10 ft but pushing out further out without house,s but v-plows and full sized trucks And the fishing has been great in 8 ft of water so there is no need to get out very far as of yet--were taking our rental houses out Jan 1- you me find us on other sites
[signature]
Thanks for the report,
let us know what state or provence you are located.
also how we can get in touch to book a day.
[signature]
Dave we our located on Upper Red Lake in Minnesota, its the biggest body of water in the state and connected to Lower Red to make it that big-its near the Lake of the Woods border- it contains large gators, crappie, perch, sheephead, whitefish, eel pout, carp, tulipies, and walleys- the walleye has been closed for over 8 years and stocked each year- there is a slot limit on the lake for eyes and gators
we have a cabin on shore that sleeps 10, next to a bar, restauarnt, bait and shower houses and access, we have 3 ice house sleepers-2 - 4 bunkers and 1- 3 bunker, we give the best service 24/7
you can check us out at
[url "http://www.russandjudy.com"]www.russandjudy.com[/url]
or
[url "mailto:r-j-rabbitz@msn.com"]r-j-rabbitz@msn.com[/url]

we try to give you the best updates because I stay on the lake for 3 months during the ice season right next to you in my sleeper-you dont find that kind of service these days- heck give us a call
1-320-356-7792
[signature]
thanks for the info,

one last question,

can you list the fishing events for the ice season?

contest and or festivals.
[signature]
[reply]
thanks for the info,

one last question,

can you list the fishing events for the ice season?

contest and or festivals. [/reply]

Dave,
I can do some checking this morning and post it back in the events forum..
[signature]
I really dont have time all winter to attend those-so Im not much help with that
[signature]
Russ & Judy,

whens the ibot fest this year ?
[signature]
we usually have it in mid to late june, last year we had it at my mothers farm 7 miles west of Mille Lacs- we always try to get everyone together for the wee-bot festival on Red, last year it was 30 below but the tent was up and heated- there were a lots of kid gifts and food and at the feast at moms we had things hopping- bb target shooting, clays, atvs, bow and arrows, and the classic horseshoe turney, prizes and tons of food as a potluck- no dates are set yet
[signature]
ok thanks please keep in mind and let us know when the Wee-Bot Festival is..[size 1] [Smile][/size]
[signature]
today there reporting that the fishing is still darn good in 7-10 foot of water with ice 15"- some are now heading out to 2+ miles past that theres a crack about 14" that isnt healed yet- they also are recommending stay away from rough ice its not real good, and unpredictable- 1/2 ton trucks are going out but we advise you to talk to the business places for advice yet the ice is never 100% safe, we have 3" of snow in the St Cloud Mn area yesterday, I dont know how much Red got
also remember we can only fish 1/4 of Upper Red which is about 9 miles out from the north and east side near Washkish- Lower Red and the rest of Upper is reservation owned, the deepest spot you may find is 17' of water
[signature]
[reply]
Russ & Judy,

whens the ibot fest this year ? [/reply]
OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhh, the International brotherhood of triangulists festival. I always get to busy to make it, I gotta get there this year.
[signature]
we had Xmas Saturday and headed up to Red Sunday to get the cabin going and organize the sleepers, there is about 4" of snow-we were invited to CC's sleeper and headed out of WW's on a great smooth and wide road, we took the 3/4 ton and v-plow out at a slow speed,-not sure if that was a smart idea- the ice heave is about 2.5 miles out and no bridge as of yet but Agassiz has a bridge and are out along ways-we counted 60+ houses out there by the heave with 15" of ice-alot of eyes being caught along with gators and even heard a couple crappies being caught, not many but its a start, there recommending to stay clear of the broken ice or rough ice as it is iffy yet--we saw a few wheel houses out but not many large ones most are on shore yet ready to go, its going to be a busy year and great fishing
[signature]