Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pontoon boat response
I would like to say thanks to everyone that posted back to me about pon boats. Sorry I didn't post back sooner but i don't get online more than twice a week. I did find one that I liked and I actually purchased it. I found it on Cabela's website; it is the Trout Unlimited Columbia boat, but they wanted $500 for it. Then I found the same boat at a discount site here at BFT and they had the same thing for $379. From talking to other people they say I got a great deal, it's 9 ft and comes with a lot of bells and whistles that other boats that were more expensive didn't have; 7ft oars, motor mount, mesh anchor and pulley system, lots of pockets, rod holder, adjustable seat, and 2!..yes 2! drink holders, and it came with a free membership to Trout Unlimited. Call me crazy but I like the color too, pumpkin orange, good for being seen. If anyone gets a chance check it out and tell me what you think
[signature]
[#ff0000]I'm interested to see what you think about it after you get it wet. We've considered getting one. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
I've got an 8' Outcast pontoon. I graduated from a round tube a couple of years ago and will never go back. The only time I use my round tube any more is if space is limited or I have to pack very far. Pontoons keep you up out of the water, you can move fairly fast with oars, they're safer in rivers, they're more comfy, hold more gear, etc, etc. They are great!
[signature]