Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
southern michigan ice fishing and spearing
For the first time in my life I went spearing for pike. Our story starts in Iron Mill Crick Pond in Lenewee county. A guy from work offered to take me spearing and at first i was kinda scepticle but what the heck. We go out to his shanty and he puts some "decoys" in the water and before too long a pike comes in the hole, so I throw the spear and miss all the while my buddy saying wait wait you gotta start off with the spear in the water. I didnt know but at any rate I got a nice 4 pound pike and my buddy ended up with a heavy 6 lber. he told me the day before his dad got a whopping 10 lber and that this year there have been many big pike taken, probably due to the unusual weather this year. Also in Lenewee county ice fishing has been excellent with limits taken every weekend so far on Wamplers lake, Dewey lake, Little Stoney lake, and Loch Erin.
[signature]
Cool !
It's cold up here , still trying for that monster pike on that little lake down the road .
Spearing pike ? Man I haven't done that in years !
Most of the spears you find up here are old pitch forks that have meen modified by farmers .
My C-phone took a bath in the washer , I'll E-mail you when I get another . You have to send me your snaill Mail address too , E-mail it to me .
Davetclown has something for you for entering into last years fishing photo contest ,private message him .
Ya' better start putting some of those pike into this years album on the site , I hear another contest is comming up .
[signature]
congrats on the lucky shot... and bagging a sharp tooth..[cool]

yes you should start with your spear in the water, the fish react to the splash much the same as a deer hearing the click of a safty or hammer draw back.

the deaper the fish is the more time it has to react to the splash...
[signature]