Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keys fishing
Anyone know how the fishing is going to be in the keys late april early may? I will be fishing from shore and what is most likely to bite? Are sharks and cudas inshore at that time of year? What is biting offshore in miami and ft lauderdale?
[signature]
There is a resident school of tarpon in the keys. Most marina/seawall areas will have them in range. Also you can count on Mangrove snapper around pilings and the like. If you go bay side of Islamorada you might be able to wade for redfish and bone fish.

Offshore the bite could be just about anything so your best bet is to ask this again about a week or two before you plan to go.
[signature]
Thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated. I will post again closer to my departure date.
[signature]
I can't say how the fishing will be because it's sometimes pretty unpredictable. You'll be looking to get mangrove snapper, and depending on where you go you might by chance see redfish, tarpon, snook, and possibly bonefish. Crazier things have happened while fishing from the bridges down there. Sharks and cudas are inshore all year round from what I've seen. My grandparents have a house down in Islamorada on the bayside.
[signature]
Hey sharks and cudas are ok with me. My kids and nephews would love to catch either. I guess i am gonna hang a bonito on the side of the bridge and maybe a shark or cuda will get close enough for us to catch. We are going to fish in islamorada by this certain bridge that we always go to. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
Lots of sharks and cudas around. Lots of tarpon at that time too. April fishing is "ON" in the Keys inshore. Wind can mess things up a bit though, like everywhere else.
[signature]