Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miracle Patch Stuff???
[cool][#0000ff]Hey gang, I was wandering around in the Cabelas online catalog (a common pastime) and I discovered a new item that could really be a boon to us tubers and tooners. Of course I included some in the order I was putting together and will have some soon to try. Being the responsible moderator that I am, I will also post a review of the results.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]

[Image: spacer.gif]Kirch's Kwik Patch Item:IH-319595 $6.75 [Image: i319595sn01.jpg]

[li]Easily patch leaks in the field [li]No cure time [li]Perfect for float tubes or waders [/li] [Image: widetab.gif] [Image: black-spacer.gif] These self-adhering repair patches are clear, flexible, UV-resistant and bond tenaciously to most synthetic materials found on float tubes, waders and boats. No cure time, minimal surface prep and no messy glues. Unlimited shelf life. Includes two 5-mil TeflonĀ® 3-inch circular patches.
[signature]
I for one will be waiting on the review. A real time fix to leaking waders or tubes is a worth while "take along" if it works as advertized.
[signature]
I'll be interested in your report also. To be able to do repairs on the spot could be a real boon. Price looks right, too.

z~
[signature]
If it works I know what my dad is getting for his birthday. After years of duct tape he finally broke down and got some new wadders but you just never know. If its a day trip he stays dry. If we go for the week he starts leaking the first day.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You don't get much patch material in the kit, so you wouldn't wanna use it for anything except emergency on the water repairs. There will always be a need for Aquaseal. But, if that stuff works, it will be worth many times the price.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That sounds like some good medicine for when you have a "Tube" ache.[cool]
[signature]