Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plastic worm and jig
I remember a while back watching some bass fishing tournaments on ESPN and someone was using something that i really was interested in. I got to thinking about this the other day, but i had totally forgotten what they were using. So that's where all of you come in haha , maybe someone can help me out with this [Smile]

I have some pics to help out, just to make sure no one is lost and to give an idea of what i'm talking about.
It was a pretty simple set up with just a jig and a worm.

[Image: 2h6yb6v.jpg]

All it was, was some kind of jig head like this.

The plastic worm is where i'm having problems because i dont know if im looking at the right ones but here is what i was thinking.

[Image: 33xdmpi.jpg]
These are 2 types of worms.
the Chompers® Shaky Worms
and the Strike King 3X Super Finesse Worm.

What i remember is the worm was pretty stiff and it was just jigged up and down and with the stiffness of the worm and how it was just popped up and down off the bottem really let out a lot of and different kind of action, so if anyone could help me with this and maybe get me a picture of the set up, that would be awesome[cool]
[signature]
That would be the Shakey head!
There is a few companies making stand up jig heads for that presentation. One is called a spot remover wich works very well.
The idea behind it is to have your worm stand up off the bottom.
Yuo can actually shake the worm on that jig head to produce strikes.
Check out the 4" paddle tail worm that we make, it has good floatation wich makes it very effective on a shakey head.
You don't need a stand up head to make it work, a round head will do the job, just not as good!
I hope that helps!
James
[signature]
do you have any idea on what i should be using for those stand up jigs, because that's the last thing that i need to get.
i just want to get a right size and type that will work great for pretty much all around water.
[signature]
A 4" to 8" worm with a paddle tail or strait tails work good on stand up heads.
The worms without salt work better, because they float better without salt.
Salt makes a bait sink!
I hope that helped answere your questions?

James
[signature]
Oh haha, that information helps me with that part, but now i need to figure out where i can get those stand up jigs and if there are brands and the weights for them to get...
[signature]
Just do a search for shakey head jigs and you will find plenty, or go to sportsmans warehouse.
[signature]