Lake Bacarrac report April 4
[Smile]Date:
Monday April 2 2007 Name: Lake Baccarac Lodge Email:
fishing@mexicanadventures.com Home Page:
Hottest Baits:
senkos, senkos, senkos Hottest Colors:
white watermelon, chrome blue Date / Time Fished:
March 25th to April 2
Senkos, Senkos! Great fishing on Baccarac right now.
John Grossman caught 5 over10 and 4 over 9
James Strickland remarks best trip ever! James caught 11.5 and many other nice bass. John Mcter caught 10.2 and 11.2
Hal smith caught 11.4 and 10.2 and 6 over 9
The Backus brothers from Az report a 13 pounder and many, many fish between 8 and 11
also from Mike Knight this report What an absolute paradise! We really enjoyed the great fishing with plenty of huge bass. But what really stands out is the excellent service, experienced guides, delicious meals and superb lodgings. Once again, you have ruined us for any other lake! It was a real treat to see Russ & Renee again. Thanks from St. Louis.
The water level is about %70 and everything looks great Date:
Monday March 26 2007 Name: Tony Guerra Email:
Home Page:
Hottest Baits:
green lizards and senkos, spinners and swimbaits Hottest Colors:

Terry,
Since you have opened the Lodge I have fished there 10 times in 6 different months. I am now a true believer that my June trips have been the best, with October being second best and then November ranking a close third. This trip however was good, not very good or excellent but good. But this ranking only applies to Lake Baccarac at this point in time. No other lake can compare. The results from this trip are as follows 2 fish over 10 ( nothing over 11 )
6 fish over 9 then I had 32 fish over 8 countless fish in the 4 pound range. We could easily have caught over 100 per boat a day but stayed in deep water too much of the time. I do feel like out of all the guides I have fished with that Heil ( Hill) is the most professional and helpful guide you have, in my opinion. We did very well on 7” senkos and 9” Lizzards and had some luck on swimbaits. Slow rolling spinnerbaits in the brush produced the biggest two fish . Always good to see Rene and Russ the lodge is running like a well oiled machine . Many thanks and we will see you again in June.
Tony Guerra Date:
Wed March 21 2007 Name: Lodge Report- Email:
at the Lodge Home Page:
Hottest Baits:
spinnerbaits and green lizards and senkos, chug and spits Hottest Colors:
March 7th to March 21st
Wrote...14 more fish over 10 pounds added to the trophy board at the Lodge since last report. Details will be posted later.Also today March 13th 4 fish 10 recorded with the biggest one being caught by Fred Warner of Az. a huge 12.1 while fishing with guide Eddie. Fishing was slower on the morning of the 15th but the fishing was great the afternoon of the 15th. Big Bass bite was has been on. A lot better numbers on Friday with some boats able to catch over 100 bass. The number one bait has the 7" senko. Some have produced some nice fish using 1/2 oz rattletraps. The area of the lake called Norte is holding more bass than any other part of the lake according to Sonny Talkington.
Randy Sweigart just called in a report from his trip. His group caught 2 fish over 10, 15 over 9 and countless fish over 8. Two days in a row his 5 biggest fish weighed 44 pounds. .Just awesome results. Swimbaits and senkos are the best baits on the lake right now. Date:
Friday March 7 2007 Name: Lodge Report- Terry Hollan Email:
at the Lodge Home Page:
Hottest Baits:
spinnerbaits and green lizards and senkos, jigging spoons, chug and spits Hottest Colors:
March 1 to March 7th
Wrote...I just returned from the Lodge today . We have had some really great days over the last week. MIke Wilson's group report 10 fish over 10 pounds. with Harvey Barton catching 4 of the them. In Mikes group of 12 all but one guy caught a fish over a 8 pounds. Gil Wright from OKC caught a nice 11.13 Monday morning on topwater ( Gil descride the fishing as an average day at Baccarac, figure that one out ) Ed Delgado's group from Puerto Rico landed 2 over 10 today and commented that Baccarac was th best lake they have fished in Mexico. I got lucky and landed a 9.2 on topwater yesterday while Rene landed a 10.8 on top at the same time. We were using the super spooks. We fished lots of different kinds of water and really found more fish on the flats near the Lodge. Anything over about 18 feet of water was to deep for us. Others at the Lodge did have good luck in deeper water. The water temp was 68 degrees yesterday morning and was 71 degrees yesterday afternoon. More reports coming soon
Terry Hollan
[signature]