Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 1st Walleye
[blue][size 2]I went down to Lincoln Beach today. Caught only one fish. It was a 21" 4 lb walleye. HOO HOO BABY!!! At first I thought I snagged again, then the rod tip shook from side to side. I didn't know it was a fish until it breached the surface(stupid pea green water). To quote some from another post, "it felt like I caught a tire or something". She had a big belly, so I put her in the livewell while I got my throwaway camera and ruler out. Maybe some day, I'll get to post it. HOO HOO!!! My heart started racing again remembering...[cool] [/size][/blue]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Way to go tomegun ...[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The first of a species is always a great catch.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Way cool dude ...[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey!! I went down in the afternoon for a while. My buddy Walleye Willy said he talked to someone that caught his first eye. Did you talk to a guy in a blue and silver Sylvan that was trolling between the boat harbor and the warm springs?
I can't hardly think a fish was caught that I haven't heard about.
Yesterday there were six boat trailers in the parking lot and I know four of them.
We keep pretty good tabs on things most of the time and Walleye Willy lives down there until the spawn is over.
Way to go!!!
Walleyes don't fight the best, but they sure make you feel like you accomplished something.

walleyebob
[signature]
[cool]Waytago, Bro. Yesterday your first...tomorrow the state record. Hey, it could happen.

Did you invite your sweetheart home to dinner?
[signature]
way to go tomegun. I hope to someday hook into one of those, I get excited just thinking about it.
[signature]
Tom, congratulations on your first walleye. They don't fight the hardest, but they can sure slice a finger with those teeth.
[signature]
The excitement of the first walleye. Do you know what that means? Your life will never be the same. Soon all the lures you by will be pink, orange and chartruse.
[signature]
Tomegun,

Congrats on your first walleye! Four pounder is very good for the first timer! I doubt that your life would be same after your first walleye! Hee hee... perhaps trade in your bass boat for a true walleye boat! They are a deep-V bottom, and deep inside room for your standing safely in rough waters. They are built to withstand winds and waves (that's the best time to go fishin' for walleyes!).

All your lures and method will be walleye-oriented.

Don't worry about the bass stuff, you can still fish bass and walleyes from a bass/walleye boat. It's a lot of fun to be a 'eye addict! Congrats again!

I would have replied sooner, but I got smacked with the "influenza type A" thanks to my kids who were sick for over a week!
[signature]
[blue][size 2]Yes Bob, I think thats who I talked too. I saw you flying around the point heading south somewhere. I went down that way for awhile(about 2 miles) then I came back to the springs area cause it was getting late in the day. I was impressed with the new marina. I just wish it had a dock out there. I wasn't to happy about beaching my boat, luckly they have a sandy beach. I was in the parking lot 45 mins cleaning off all the crude. I'm going to start heading to Deer Creek and Jordanelle for the time being. I may still go down to LB with my float tube. Yeah, that will work-I was testing my new ankle out with fins before heading back to work. [/size][/blue]
[signature]
[Smile] Congrats on that walleye, Oh, and welcome to the walleye club, these fish have a way of getting under your skin that just dosn't go away. they've been under my skin for 15 years. good job later chuck
[signature]
i don't have to ask you how you feel do i ?

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
hey tubedude i think i caught a state record brook in the river the other weekend but since i was by myself i could not prove it
[signature]
[blue][size 2]Wow, there's quite a gathering of walleye nuts on this site! Probably more than used to be in the state! Chuck, you were probably one of the guys I was trying to watch with binoculars back when I was in college trying to figure out those 'eyes.[/size][/blue]
[cool]Hey, FB2, did you take any measurements...length, girth, etc? Even if you don't have the official record, you will always have the memories. Just be careful, because fish tend to grow in our memories over time. And, heck, since there were no witnesses and no cameras, you can remember that fish however big you want it to be.

Glad to hear you scored. Brookies are beautiful fish, and big ones are truly rare. It's good to know your dad has trained you well. Hope you guys get some good use out of your tubes this year.
[signature]
oh tube dude this was on my fly rod and i trained myself in that manor but i did get the general ideas from him. i did measure it it was about 35 inches long and about 15 inches fat. it fought good and straight into the current. looking forward to tubing deercreek this summer and picking up some big bass or even some walleye.
[signature]
Congrats tomegun!! Not bad for the first fish. In fact that's dang sweet!
[signature]
If there are brooks that size somewhere in Utah you need to share your secret.

tightline
[signature]