Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Pilgrim...
[cool][#0000ff]Your report on evening fishing is nice, and so are the pictures. However, you stuck them into your post from a photo bucket and they are too large. Our maximum size for posting inside a post is 400 pixels wide. Yours, from the photo bucket are 640. That makes your post extend into the ads on the side and nobody can reply to your post. Nor could I access your post to edit down the size of the pictures.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Please refer to the new sticky I put at the top about posting pictures.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thank you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
OK thanks for the tip, I will fix it! MT
[signature]
Oooops I see what you mean, I cant edit it either. now I see why everyone just posts links for their pics here...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Don't misunderstand or be offended. We love pics. Some of them can be cropped and reduced in size without losing their appeal. Others should be posted in the larger format so that everybody can get the full enjoyment.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Those things can be a judment call on the part of the poster.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Actually we were okay with a minor oversize post until BFT added that new "feature" that crowds the screen. Now we have to stay within the bounds better.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nope not offended at all[Smile] I understand, now about the new "feature" on the site. I create my fishing reports and copy them to all the forums I post on so more people can enjoy them. I just didnt pay attention to this site changing. I will take the time to post seprately here now because I love how this forum is geared to tubing, my favority way to fish, while the others are more into motorboat fishing. I am heading out now for some crappies, will try the new style when I post the report! MT
[signature]
[reply]
[#0000ff]Those things can be a judment call on the part of the poster.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Actually we were okay with a minor oversize post until BFT added that new "feature" that crowds the screen. Now we have to stay within the bounds better.[/#0000ff][/reply]

"feature" = the website equivalent to how it is for the longpolers to visit the Provo river nowadays.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new section -- but I have over 10 years of web design experience and the "4 section layout" has always been a design no-no in most circles.....(I have a 1600x1280 flatscreen at work, and did not really notice the provo river aspect of the new "feature" until getting home on my 1024x768 laptop....)

MODS: is there a way to configure your session to modify the layout a bit?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]This is definitely not something that everybody is overjoyed about. But, it is under trial and is being monitored. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Post your comments or PM [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=theangler;"][b][#000000][size 1]theangler[/size][/#000000][/url] (head honcho) with your comments and input.[/#0000ff][/b]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Mods do not have the authority or ability to modify web design or content.

[/#0000ff]

[signature]
Boy do I hear ya on that one Dusty! On my personal computer I have to re-size to not get and overrun with that new feature. By that I mean I have to go to a smaller text (which I can't read) then it will fit

Then I have to go to the bottom of exploer and up the text size to 150% just to read it. But hey I like this place so much I just adjusted to the change.
[signature]