Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WADERS
I just saw that Orvis is offerinf 25% off on waders is if you trade in your old pair, and they don't care what they are or what condition they are.

Now is the time to get into a new pair of breathables!
[signature]
Dang.. if I only had a used pair to trade in.. LOL... [sly] but that does sound like a great deal...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool]I wonder what they do with the trade-in's?

I had a set of 7Mil Neopreme's. You need that kind of insulation in the cold waters of the north.

I've re-placed them with 5Mil Neopremes.
I thought about re-glueing the big fat 7Mil's into a 'throwable PFD' that would inflate when it reached the end of it's tether.

FlyGoddess, It seems to me that those breathables might not have as much insulation against the chill as my old 5Mil Neopremes do?
What do you know about that?
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there FGD I thought that you had a pair of Simms G3 waders? Mine are holding up just fine.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I am not FG and I have never had neoprene waders.

I learned how how good Breathable fabrics were years before they were widely used. I fish in the middle of the winter a lot here in Colroado. Using Breathable waders, fleece long johns and high tech sockets I can be comfortable wading in the water.

From people that used to wear neoprene waders I have found out that they used to get cold in them from sweating in them. The moisture then just wets the clothing. Everyone knows that water conducts heat away quicker than dry clothes and air.

If you don't sweat in your neoprenes because you are fishing from a boat you might be warmer than the breathables. But if you do any kind of climbing around streams while fishing you will be sweating some and the breatheables will be much better.
[signature]
No DR, I am the Orvis Girl, remember. I have the Pro Guide II. Had a slight issue with the weld (not the seam itself) on the inside of the legs last year after two years of constant use, so I sent them back and got a brand new pair. Took some precautions and put a thin layer of aqua seal on the weld ahead of time this time. So far so good and you know how much I use mine.
If I were to get a new pair by another company, I do respect the Simms, but I would probably go with the William Joeseph, because of the price, reliability, features and the fact they are two blocks away LOL
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I hear you FGD. Simms doesn't give their waders away. One needs to win the lottery before buying a Simms wader.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[reply]
Dang.. if I only had a used pair to trade in.. LOL... [sly] but that does sound like a great deal...

MacFly [cool] [/reply]
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there FGD I thought that you had a pair of Simms G3 waders? Mine are holding up just fine.[/size][/green][/font] [/reply]
I have the G-3's She won't leave the O line and I think the simms are the sweet candy and I will probably stick with them Forever no complaints no regret so far and been getting wet everyday now for a month. told the simms rep when I was in thefly shop a couple weeks ago I'd be his poster child for simms ( other ways to wear simms) for a pair of new ones he laughed even though he never heard of anyone buying them for something other than fishin( I use the when I run through sprinklers )
[signature]
[size 1]I have the G-3's She won't leave the O line and I think the simms are the sweet candy and I will probably stick with them Forever no complaints no regret so far and been getting wet everyday now for a month. told the simms rep when I was in thefly shop a couple weeks ago I'd be his poster child for simms ( other ways to wear simms) for a pair of new ones he laughed even though he never heard of anyone buying them for something other than fishin( I use the when I run through sprinklers ) [/size]

We'll check in with you at the end of the year LOL
Face it, if they do fail, regardless of who makes they, you are going to be with out for a few weeks.
So, I will choose to go for two pair for the price of the Simms G3's and be covered so to speak.
[signature]
[#000050]Now you are making way to much sense and we all know that with fly fishing you have to go the amount spent and not the quantity recieved... [laugh]

MacFly [cool][/#000050]

[signature]