Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT does not like what I write.
Once again I am having trouble with my post and edits not being added.

My typing is being wiped out so that none of it is there. However, my avatar and all that is there. It is just that everything else is wiped off.

Any of you monitors know what the problem is?
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Does this happen after you type your post then click "Post reply"? Apparently it is not happening all the time.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I have had the same problem, specially on the QUOTE. It is easier for me to just copy and paste the quote, cause every time I used the QUOTE option, the same thing as with a few others I have talked to.
If there is an easy fix I am all ears, but the copy paste has been working.
I noticed this Scruffy and I kept meaning to send you a PM on it, but I was hoping you would post this and maybe I can fix mine, or not......[laugh]
[signature]
[reply]
I have had the same problem, specially on the QUOTE. It is easier for me to just copy and paste the quote, cause every time I used the QUOTE option, the same thing as with a few others I have talked to.
I noticed this Scruffy and I kept meaning to send you a PM on it, but I was hoping you would post this and maybe I can fix mine, or not......[laugh] [/reply]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there FGD all you need to do to have a quote carry over into your post is to click the word quote and a new post will automatically open for you. That is what I did with you post above. If you have ZoneAlarm they you will have to disable the Mobil Code Control under the Privacy tab.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[reply]
[reply]
I noticed this Scruffy and I kept meaning to send you a PM on it, but I was hoping you would post this and maybe I can fix mine, or not......[laugh] [/reply]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there FGD all you need to do to have a quote carry over into your post is to click the word quote and a new post will automatically open for you. That is what I did with you post above. If you have ZoneAlarm they you will have to disable the Mobil Code Control under the Privacy tab.[/size][/green][/font] [/reply]

I am doing what you say in hopes it works.. but have to say mine lately has been hit and miss.. so like FG I copy my response and then post it.. if it does not work the I go back and edit and then paste .. the post the reply again.. the second time around it seems to work all the time.... and I dont have zone alarm on my home or work computers.. so Id say that is not the problem ... for me anyway...

MacFly [cool]

[red][size 3]p.s.s.s. this time it worked the first time around but have had the same problem as SF has and used the same fix as FG does...LOL....
[/size][/red]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3]On rare occasions I have had the same problem. Type a long post and they it takes for ever for it to take effect. Then Nada. The program writers are not quite sure what is causing this situation. They are presently working on correcting a number of issues. Like the over hanging ads on the right side of the screen. I have learned to copy posts that are longer than usual just in case it doesn't record. Like now for sure. BTW I don't know what key I just hit but this post disappeared as I was typing. If your post gets hung up after clicking Post Reply don't click F5 [refresh] before you copied your text. Once copied they click F5 and you will be brought back to a blank posting screen. Another key short cut is to hold down the Ctrl +A, then Ctrl+C. The A =s select all and the C=s copy all selected. This is an alternative for you using the mouse functions.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Hey Scruffy. I assure you that you are not the only one. I too, gave up on the quote thingy. It was getting too bothersome for me. I have also toned down to mostly one line answers. Except for this one.

I get occasional whip lash as I am typing. My screen goes blank from where I typed and sometimes some of the writing comes back.

We assure you that the program writers are working hard on this issue and trying to get a few other bugs out of the system as well.

If you do notice something out of the ordinary, feel free to post it and let us Mods know. After all, you may be the first one to discover a particular problem or you may be added to the list of 13,000 others that have already reported it.

Either way, we need to know so that we can take it upstairs to the Fish Gods.[cool]
[signature]
Dont forget the cntrl V to paste what you copied into the text box.... aren't keyboard shortcuts grand???

MacFly
[signature]
[reply]
[reply]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there FGD all you need to do to have a quote carry over into your post is to click the word quote and a new post will automatically open for you. That is what I did with you post above. If you have ZoneAlarm they you will have to disable the Mobil Code Control under the Privacy tab.[/size][/green][/font] [/reply]
(hit Post Reply button now)
[signature]
Ok Dryrod, I hit your quote. It came up with yours and FG's but not my reply except for the (hit Reply Post now) sentence I typed. [black][size 6]What's going on!!!![/size][/black]
[signature]
[reply]
Ok Dryrod, I hit your quote. It came up with yours and FG's but not my reply except for the (hit Reply Post now) sentence I typed. [black][size 6]What's going on!!!![/size][/black] [/reply]

this is my quote. I hit enter 3 times to drop it down further. Let's
do it again.
[signature]
[reply]
[reply]
Ok Dryrod, I hit your quote. It came up with yours and FG's but not my reply except for the (hit Reply Post now) sentence I typed. [black][size 6]What's going on!!!![/size][/black] [/reply]
[/quote]
I just hit the RE (reply) button and typed this. Does it work?
[#0000ff]Yes it does. Scruffy Fly. When you quote and the quote comes up type in your answer and hit the Re: button at the top.[/#0000ff]
do it again. [/reply]
[signature]
[reply]
[reply]
[reply]
[/quote]
[#0000ff]Yes it does. Scruffy Fly. When you quote and the quote comes up type in your answer and hit the Re: button at the top.[/#0000ff]
do it again. [/reply]
[/reply]
[signature]
[reply]
[reply]
[reply]
[reply]
[/quote]
do it again. [/reply]
[/reply]
[/reply]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Now you guys have gone and angered the posting Gods.[Tongue] Twice I did a quote and reply and my text didn't record. [/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[reply]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Now you guys have gone and angered the posting Gods.[Tongue] Twice I did a quote and reply and my text didn't record. [/size][/green][/font] [/reply]
So I guess it's not just a chosen few [reply]

[/quote]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]You have got that right MOJO. I reported this particular problem and hope that they will be able to correct it relatively soon.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
We took it up with the posting Gods. They are discussing it over dinner.

I'm sure this one should keep them busy for awhile.[Image: moon.gif]
[signature]
[reply]

Many moons ago I remember you responding to my question and I had forgot what you said to do. For some reason I was thinking you had another work around until I read this and in suddenly came crashing back into my memory banks that is exactly what you said before.

But I have not been having problems since then until just a few days ago.
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Does this happen after you type your post then click "Post reply"? Apparently it is not happening all the time.[/size][/green][/font] [/reply]
[signature]