Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pig "report"
We wanted to hit willard today but with that wind blowing as bad as it was we decided to head over to Hyurm that parking lot looked like a zoo so we decided to head up to Porcupine I didnt know how it would be to launch up there in a bigger boat but it all went good no problems.

Now for the fishing,it was fantasic for the kokes today nothing big 10-16" but it was pretty steady from 1-7 we used downrigger at 35-60' most fish cought in about 55' using a dodger with a z-ray and a tazmaninan devil we never changed lures all day,orange and pink were are colors of choice. We brought 9 home turned at least that many loose and lost twice that many before we even got them to the boat. There were a few other boats fishing and catching a few and tons of bank fishermen I never seen one cought from shore? water temp was 61 and trolling speed was 1.5-1.9mph. M.H.
[signature]
so.....................where is the pig?
[signature]
Porcupine is about 8 miles south east of Hyrum up above the Avon Liberty area. M.H.
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip to me! Was the water very murky?
[signature]
Great report Jamie, I'm glad someone finally got up there and posted a report. After the great catching this winter and last fall, I figured the koke catching would be good this year. Let me guess orange Ray and pink Taz?
[signature]
Water was crystal clear and Curt you got the colors right on!! M.H.
[signature]
My boy and I hit porcupine saturday morning, and we caught a few 'bows from the shore. (nothing big).

After a bit, we took my pontoon out and his raft, and we'd see them on the radar once in a while but they ignored my rapala. The water was great and had a fun time. I didn't realize it was 150' deep toward the west end. The wind kicked up pretty good around 2:00 pm, so we called it a day.
[signature]
I don't believe that it is 150' deep at the west end.
[signature]
Yep! it is one deep sucker. Just go to the top of the dam and look off of the west side down to where the creek is and that about how deep it is when it is full.
[signature]
I was up there when the person drown a few years back. I think when searching the finder said 90 or so feet off the dam- which I was told was the deepest part. Can anyone of you Kokanee guys tell me what your finders say ? I can't honestly say one way or another though back years ago my flasher never showed over 90.
[signature]
With as full as it is now, my fishfinder was reading 150' deep about 70 yards away from the dam.
[signature]
Thank you- I have been in a fog for years,
[signature]
I gotta go to school to be able to fish[Smile]
[signature]