Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Bass
Been fishing the lower provo this last week and doing pretty well on the white bass using jigs, mornings are best, noonish they slow down a bit and evening sucks. I've also been catching some nice ones on a crank bait with a Brown Trout to boot, that seems to bring out the bigger ones. Tossing the WalMart $1.99 renegade special in brown and gold. I'll tell ya, those lures work pretty darn good for the price you pay, last year at Strawberry I cleaned house with those things even outfished the luckycraft, did really well at Deer Creek with them too. Seems the less I pay for a lure the better I do with them... And I cry alot less when I loose one.
Anyway... I'm protesting gas prices and leaving the boat at home and fishing from the shores at the PBH and lower Provo I've been meeting alot of really nice folks along the river and harbor banks and it's nice to fish it again. I'm also catching alot of Crappie, LMB's, Bluegill and White bass. So there Chevron, Exxon, and all of you other domestic gas terrorists organizations who love to screw us all over because the wind changed directions or someone farted too loud and you had to cry party foul. But don't worry we'll feel much better about paying $2.50 a gallon like back in the good old days.

Sorry got a little off track.

Apocalypse.
[signature]
Sounds like you've been mopping up on the Provo. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
where do you fish on the provo. like what access points do you use, where do you park ect.
[signature]
My access point is my house, the back yard opens up to the Provo and I park in the driveway but if I were going to pick a point to start from it's where lake shore drive hits the river and bends toward the boat harbor, then fish from there on down, when the river starts to slow a bit in pools that's where the white bass start up.
[signature]
You mean the place by the center street bridge just before water heads out to the lake?
[signature]
Not that one I think that's boat harbor drive, it's up that road about a mile right where the houses start that's lake shore drive that runs north south and there's a small parking area. Also there's a big parking area midway on that road (boat harbor drive) and you could walk up from there. Ive actually caught some nice white bass on the slow flowing part using the crank bait.

good luck if you decide to give it a go.

Apocalypse.
[signature]
I too have had some real good luck with the Wally World lures. A word of caution about them. Change the rings they are truly CHEAP and fail consistantly. Bigger fish can strighten them right out. Rings are more hassle to change than they are to buy, but well worth the time.
[signature]
Yeah, I have a box of rings I keep in my tackle box and switch out rings on several of my lures, I've even had a few straightened on my luckycrafts by some Angry cutts at strawberry.
[signature]