Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bountiful pond?
Bountiful pond, anyone heard of it? If so, where is it and how do i get there?
[signature]
Thanks for the info. i will be heading out there on my lunch break!
[signature]
[Smile]Hey- I am considering trying out Bountiful Pond on Monday
and would love to hear a report if you get out there. [Wink]
If anyone else that has been there and could tell me what to use and some good locations, it would be appreciated. THANKS
[signature]
Hello. Depending on which species you are targeting willdepend on what to use. I had alot fo success right where the water came in with bread on a cheese hook. the large mouth bass liek to take pearl colored grubs, tubes adn spinner baits and so do the white bass. The best places for the large mouths are along hte south shore near the russian olive trees and along the westernshore where the water leaves. a night crawler out there will also catch you just about anything. They have large mouth bass, white bass, trout, catfish, carp, perch, bluegills, and I think maybe crappie or sunfish but I am not sure. Good luck adn let us know how you do.
[signature]
pumpkinseeds. but i didnt know perch were in there. hmmm
[signature]
[cool] Went out to Bountiful pond on Monday like I said, and got there about 9am. Started out with spinners and curly tailed jigs for about an hour and got nothing. Switched over to power bait and caught 4 HUGE rainbows. Well, these fish really didn't look like rainbow trout, more like rainbow eels! I think it had recently been stocked with some old brood stock and that was why their fins were all worn down. Right before I left I caught a big old catfish that weighed atleast 5 pounds. I saw one guy pull out a pretty big white bass on a spinner, but no one was catching very many. As I was leaving, I looked into the canal that runs into the pond and noticed some fish up in there trying to spawn or something- could trout spawn in a cement canal with no gravel?[crazy]

As for the perch, my friend caught one when we were there last year, it was on a worm.
[signature]
Sounds like a good day of fishing I was wondering how many acres is bountiful pond? It says on the DWR website that it is 50 acres however I strongly belive that is a misprint.[unsure]
[signature]
that is probably pretty close it is fairly large.
[signature]