Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setting up a kids tacklebox
your setting up your childs first tackle box , what do you put in it ?
[signature]

Hi there lonehunter,

First thing I did was take my kid fishing enough to decide what she (in my case) liked to fish for and catch. That done, upon numerous trips with me to the tackle store she somehow got the idea she might like to have her own stuff. Mission accomplished! Whew!

Next step was not what to buy but which of this, this, and this did she think she needed, and LIKED. he he he sneaky devil that I am, what we bought would be tried and there was always the chance we may have missed something we could get later.

That's my story on how to pass on the tackle virus. Truth is, I think it might be a gene thing too.

What you put in it is a love for fishing. Pretty soppy huh!

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey Lonehunter,
One of the best lures for kids to catch bass, as well as many other species of fish, is the K&E bassstopper pre-rigged worms. They are very simple to use, and bass love them. The best color is purple with a white stripe. You can find them at pretty much any bait store. For the most part you want to keep their tackle simple, but it is important to have variety so they don't get bored by using the same thing all the time.
[signature]
snelled barbless hooks on a dispencer , bobbers , bell sinkers , split shot , egg sinkers , fish scaler , saftey sissors , d.n.r. fishing guide , small callender book to record his/her catch with a pencil , three spoons , three meps , 3 pre harnessed rubber worms , 1 pencel plug , 1 jitter bug , a small measuring tape . a compass . and an angelers ethics pledge card , oh yea one favorite toy to play with and sun screen and sun glasses . did i forget a fish hook remover ?
[signature]
thats a fantastic idea ron , get them started from the very begining , i didn't even think of that ! your one very smart man , i hope you know that the more you teach me , the more i'm going to want learn even more from you .

thanks ron , from your pal lonehunter
[signature]
good idea ! i have always had a pre rigged soft bait worm , i haven used one in about ten years , but then again most the bass i've caught since then has been on accident . great tip on the colors too ! i usually grab a pach of the same thing , that is boaring ! time to switch them around a bit !

thanks catch Em , your pal lonehunter
[signature]
a pair of large loud plastic wistles with a neck rope
[signature]
THANKS DAVE , THAT'S ONE VERY IMPORTANT SAFTEY TIP THAT WE OVERLOOKED . A WHISTLE WILL DRAW MORE ATTENTION THAN A SCREAM WILL BECAUSE KIDS WILL SCREAM JUST FOR FUN OR EVEN A BUG , BUT TRAINED TO USE THEM EARLY ON FOR ANY DANGER THAT MAY BE OUT THERE IS ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO KEEP THEM SAFE . I STILL CARY ONE WHILE HUNTING , SOME GUYS WILL SHOOT BEFORE LOOKING . THE PLASTIC ONES WILL WORK WHILE WET OR IN FREESING WEATHER . A METAL ONE DOSEN'T FAIR AS WELL .

THANKS DAVE , YOUR THE ANSWER MAN , THATS FOR SURE !

YOUR PAL LONEHUNTER
[signature]
Hi Gang,
Worms, worms and more worms. Of course the simple things like split shot, pencil bobbers, barbless hooks (a small piece of rubber band spiked onto the hook will keep a crawler on). Work the basics of fishing tactics (drifting, still fishing, cast and retrieve) most of all fill there tackle box with your caring and love, gotta work.
[signature]
worms and loving care , what a winning combination !
[signature]