Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mohave
OK I ve fished for over one year at the lower portion of Lake Mohave and honestly think its fished out...
Friday afternoon we headed out, fished all evening and into the next day. NOTHING but one catfish and one carp ( which my dog caught by jumping off the boat and attacking ) I m proud of Johnson cause he caught a bigger fish than anyone....
Over the past year I ve also fished in the river below Davis dam. The stripers are there.... Not big, but there.
Yesterday I got to thinking that possibly Stripers head up river. Dont most fish head upstream ???
Maybe they just head north and I m wasting time fishing lower Mohave.....
My fishfinder is blank ....
My anchovies are unbitten.
I never see fishing poles bending....
Its like the lake is fished out.......
I m at a time now where a 1/4 pound striper would be a good catch... I ve given up on the 20 pounders....

SW
[signature]
[cool]Hey steveweston, I believe that the stripers head to the cooler waters towards Willow Beach in the hotter months. In the winter they spread out to the lower river and into Lake Mohave. I always read of more stripers being caught around the Willow Beach area when the weather gets warmer.
[signature]

Steve, you need to be up closer to Willow this time of year.

From the turners site:
[url "http://www.turners.com/engage/reports_fishreport.php"]http://www.turners.com/engage/reports_fishreport.php[/url]

WILLOW BEACH: Decent striper bite on A.C. plugs and anchovies. Bite best from the hatchery downstream into the canyon. A few more nice-sized trout have been landed, and the action is good. Mile marker 52 is the hot spot. Power Bait, worms, and spinners are best. Information: 928-767-4747.

LAKE MOHAVE: Striper action fair. Fish are being brought in, but each catch requires some work. Slow-trolling along the shorelines with anchovies in 30 feet of water the best bet. The largemouth bite is fair. Some catfish have been landed. The coves are the hot spots, especially Cottonwood, on cut baits or anchovies. Information: 702-297-1464.
[signature]