Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry June 12-15
Arrived at Strawberry Res. Tuesday 5:00 pm. Dropped off the 5th Wheel up Mud Creek and launched the boat @ Strawberry Marina around 5:30 pm. Headed North to Strawberry bay. Fished the West side. Friends Lucky Larry and his wife had jointed my wife and I for a few hours of fishing. Wind blowing so we drifted worms and minnows. Worms were the ticket. Caught 20 or 25 all Cutts. in the slot.
Weds morning fished the same area as Tues night. Caught a few Cutts. Weds night went south to Haws point then trolled south towards Renegade along the West shore. Caught a few on pop gear and worm, had a frog flat fish on the other pole which nobody liked. Got up late Thurs and rode the motorcycle up mud creek road the hit the ATV trail on top that comes down to the road that goes up Bryant Fork?..nice trail. Anyway back to the fish story. Launched @ Strawberry bay @ 2:00 pm and headed to the same area in Strawberry bay. Windy conditions. In fact we had the whole bay to our selfs. Wind out of the North so we drifted along the West shore again dragging worms. I had a small split shot on and my wife had no weight on her pole. We went through 4 dozen worms in 3 hours and caught close to 60 fish? Everyone of them a Cutt. None over 21 inches but most between 18 and 20 inches. We had doubles many times. I was constantly putting on worms and taking off fish. Many times I had a fish on before I could set my pole down. Most of the time I could re-thread the worm on the hook and send it back another time. We used every worm and minnow we had on the boat before we called it a day. Came home Friday Morn. Went on many Moto rides and saw elk, deer, and lots of wild flowers. Had a great trip!!!
[signature]
Sounds like you had a good time Rob. Got to love that drift trolling.
[signature]