Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preference while FFing
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I'm sure most of us have fished from a variety of situations but what is your favorite?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[#000050]hmmmmmmmmmmm now that is a difficult question to answer.. but I think I would have to say.. the situation I enjoy the most is the one that allows me to catch the most fish.. [laugh][/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050]MacFly [cool][/#000050]
[signature]
I prefer a boat myself.. more mobile and you're elevated off the water.
[signature]
I would say RIVERS. Although I do like being out on the water of a lake at times.
[inline "River fishing 350.jpg"]
[signature]
Am I the only one that prefers the Tube??[blush]
[signature]
hehehe buddy the question was not what in.. but where.. btw.. you are the tube.. uuuhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm da dude.. LOL..

MacFlu
[signature]
I'll take pontooning a calm mountain lake any day, I mean still waters, quiet, no traffic or noise, so calm that if you make a sound you see fish scatter. Usually good topwater action, plus you can really see what's going on on top and under the water.
[signature]
I hear that, I love them days when the water is flat and the only sound I hear is whipporwills in the pre-dawn the creek of my oars and the scream of my reel and the splash of a wopper tuggin at the end of my line....[cool]

I would have to say that is what I love the most about fishing...
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]One of these days I have got to get me a toon. I have a SFC but it is not quite the same.[/size][/green][/font][/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=26863;][/center]
[signature]
I've been considering it too, Dryrod.

There's a few places I don't fish much because the lakes are no motor lakes - not even trolling motors are allowed. I got rid of my Sportspal canoe @ 7yrs ago when I bought my duck boat thinking that I'd never use it again, but wish I never got rid of it at times. The pontoon thing looks like it could fill the bill quite nicely for when/where I'd use it.
[signature]
I've had my toon 2 years now, I enjoy it alot, takes a little getting used to and you get discouraged in windy weather, overall I enjoy it. Only good as a sport craft in strong winds, wild ride, you can really get going on it, like white water rafting, just make sure you can paddle back. I think one similar to mine is on sale on Creek company's web site for $199 and free shipping, good starter model.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Costco was selling Trout Unlimited Toons for $299. Saw a couple on the lake the other week except these guys also were using a small electric motor. Wind wasn't a problem for them. I came in because of the winds however, a SFC catches more wind than someone in a donut.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
SFC?? . .. .. Ya lost me on that one, Dryrod.

been looking at a few online here.. what are the major advantages from one to the other? I see length and diameter of toons would be a weight and stability thing.. is there that much 'noticable' difference between a 6' and an 8' ?
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Sorry about that birddogwi SFC =s Super Fat Cat by Outcast. Can't comment on the benefits of toons of various sizes. Probably will have to ask TubeDude about that stuff.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Its all good [Wink] thanks agin Dryrod
[signature]
Or me Dry Rod, remember the name is TUBE Dude. The difference in the size can make a big difference or no difference. I had a 6' Bucks Bag Alpine. Great little boat and was easy for me to move. If the water was choppy, it did feel it a lot more.
8' is a good all around length (also for rivers) and will fit in the back of most pick-ups.
I have an 11 1/2' now and it does require deflating for the back of the truck or a trailer. It inflates fast however.
Main things to look for is material, Urethane being the best, next Frame, Aluminum is a lot lighter and won't rust. Padded seat is important. Halkey Valves have proven to be the way to go. Where the oars are remembering to have them about 6" to 12" apart in front of you. Next, storage area.
I will say that DIAMETER of the toons make the biggest difference. mine are 12" diameter and I am not effected by wind much. However if you do rivers the 16" make a lot of sence.
The length of the toons and the width of the boat make all the difference width stability. The duel Pontoons are nice and some people prefer them for safety, but looking at them a different direction, what if one does go flat, how do you keep it connected to the frame? Also, it places a bigger footprint on the water which means more effected by the water (to me...harder to turn and more draw on a battery, not to mention effect from choppy water, but that is just me)
Oh yeah, I forgot, I also have a 4' pontoon that is a lot of fun and you do sit out of the water.
[inline "#1 Echo.jpg"]
[signature]
hehehe that thing looks like a baby seat but do also see where it could be a fun size for someone .. uhmmm .. smaller than me...[laugh]... Im afraid the first thing I would do is lean forward to do something and just keep right on rolling out of that seat... [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Mojo is 6'3" and around 225 lbs, here he is:
[inline "#2 Echo 350.jpg"]
[signature]
yeah...but he knows what he is doing...[sly]...but if I remember right you have discussed the seat adjustment on the tubing section as being critical to comfort and/or safety when it come to tubing or tooning.. right????

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
That is the beauty of the ECHO. There are two straps on the back of the seat connecting it to the frame. You can loosen them to where you are leaning back like in a recliner.

[inline "#5 Echo 350.jpg"]

And that shelf is PVC he, he, he.
[signature]