Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from Canada
Got back from Armstrong Station, Ontario (Ogoki Resevoir) a few days ago after a week of fishing.. All I can say is that it was amazing!!!! I have never caught so many fish in such a short amount of time..

My best fish of the trip was a 26" walleye and a 32" Northern.. My buddy Dave lost a 44"+ northern when he hit the fighting dragon his real the wrong direction (whoops)..

But I can't say enough about the outfitter, the camp, the fishing.. It was simply stunning and we already have our week reserved for next year Smile

[Image: 616656148_d99c1cf328.jpg]

[Image: 613715056_2fa0009f2e.jpg]

And we have no idea what this fish is that Dave caught.. It looks like a smallmouth with walleye eyes.. No teeth and one of the smallest fish we caught while up there..

[Image: 616738816_6a9d0216c3.jpg]

[Image: 616738838_09a59ea8b6.jpg]

Did I mention that the trip was amazing?? Big Grin
[signature]
Nice fish, I would love to take a trip up there. Catch some big eyes and lakers. Thats one odd looking fish, it kinda looks like a rockbass. Maybe even some sort of hybrid? Its in the panfish family for sure, hopefully someone will have a better idea of what it is.
Matt
[signature]
Glad to hear you made it back in one piece, Steve. Sounds like you had a blast up there too! [Wink]

what were the hot baits/presentations?

btw -That fin looks like a Rock Bass to me as well.
[signature]
Way to go bro. Glad to hear you had a nice trip.[cool]
[signature]
It is really nice pics and good catch.Really I love such fishing place.I used to visit different fishing place each year.And I enjoy fishing very much.
[signature]
[Smile]Nice pics of some nice fish, thanks for sharing. fishin in Canada yep i'm adding that to my list right now [cool] Looks like a good time. Glad you made it back safe and sound.

What outfitter and camp did you stay at?

The little fish is called a canadian mishap, lol (it looks all beat up)
[signature]
We used Matice Lake Outfitters.. I'm not about link dropping, but they are at walleye.ca if you want to give them a look..

You can check the lake out at 50.865475 -88.351732 on Google Earth Smile

Hopefully they will approve a few of my pictures and those will be on there and clickable soon.. Already have reservations for next year and got my dad to come this time as well.. I'm already excited about it..
[signature]
Oh yeah, I posted more pictures on my flickr account if you want to see them..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveanddiane/
[signature]