Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican Saturday
Went to the Pel Saturday. What can I say, life is good.......

[Image: l33346.jpg]
[signature]
Pelican Pic #2

[Image: l33348.jpg]
[signature]
That is soooo not fair! I've only hit Pelican once and that was 2 years ago. One of the best fishing days of my life. The withdrawl symptoms still haven't gone away yet.

Was there any other fish landed that day????

ES
[signature]
Pelican Pic #3

[Image: l33343.jpg]
[signature]
Pelican Pic #4

[Image: l33347.jpg]
[signature]
Pelican Pic #5

[Image: l33345.jpg]
[signature]
Pelican Pic #6. That is all. Eat your heart out. LMAO............

[Image: l33344.jpg]
[signature]
I am so very Sad I was not on that boat.
[signature]
Now your just rubbing it in! Did you see any bluegills???? Do you fish Pel. often?

ES
[signature]
Yes, I fish it often. Nope, no gills. It's way too early for bluegill. Actually, it's early for bass too unless conditions are just right and you know the lake well. There was a tournament there sat with about 6 boats. I talked to one club member who fished all day and only caught one. My son and I slayed em. It's all in the twist of the wrist.
[signature]
[#000080][size 2]How do you get to Pelican? [/size][/#000080]
[signature]
Never been there , but definitely on the to do list . Nice fish ! I always thought it was a small pond . Didn't think boats even launched on it .
[signature]
To get to Pelican, go east on highway 40. Half way between Roosevelt and Vernal make a right on state road 88 and head south about five miles. To get to the ramp, turn right to Randlett at the bottom of the hill and go about two miles. When you see the Pelican Lake sign, make a left and follow the road about three miles around the south side of the lake till you see the restrooms and the ramp. Warning: the water has swimmers itch, so don't swim or wade without waders. Also, many fish have yellow grubs in the flesh (a parasite) so check your fillets carefully.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]