Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What you don't know can hurt you
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I just posted this subject on the Moderator's board and realized that it was too important not to share with my friend that visit the FF&T board.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][size 3][green]Just a word of advice to my fellow fishermen & outdoors men about the ill effects that can occur from too much exposure to the sun. Always use a good sun screen whenever you plan on being outdoors particularly on the water. Even if you have dark hair like me for it seems like having blue eyes is a major player. I just returned from my dermatologists where I had Mohs Micrographic surgery. Two & ½ hours and numerous stitches later I was heading for home. I have had so many bouts with skin cancer [mostly on my face] that I have lost tract as to how many surgeries that I have had. It was not until I was in my 50’s that these basil cells started to appear. Constant exposure to the sun in my earlier years started to take its toll. I never burned but turned a nice golden brown. Hey I was young besides I wouldn’t have believed anyone that said that I could develop skin cancer later on in life. Fishing in the Florida salt for several years didn’t help either. I mention this subject hoping only to inform those that have the same attitude that I did as a younger person to care for their skin before the damage becomes permanent.

[/green][/size][/font]
[signature]
Hope you're doin' alright Dryrod!

The sun is nothing to screw around with!
[signature]
Thanks so much DR. Something we all kinda take for granted.
The "O"zone ain't what it use to be for sure.
Now just fix a good stiff drink and forget the pain[cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Thanks Flygoddess - no pain but the drink sure sounds like a good idea. Hic! [Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
doctors orders! more "Rx" [Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the reminder Dryrod. I have plenty of SunScreen and plenty of pain killer for afterwards.[crazy]
[signature]