Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where are the fish?
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Where do you think the fish might be hanging out in this photo?[/size][/green][/font]
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=27737;][/center] [center] [/center]
[signature]
uhhh my first guess would be the water i dont think any fish would be in the trees or in the grass
[signature]
LMAO, I knew a girl once that thought I caught a fish in the tree.....she seriously thought that! Can we say dumber than a box of hammers.
On to the picture, right at the edge under the tree where the water goes from fast to slow. Right on the seam.
[signature]
[laugh]hahaha thats funy my brother is dumber than a box full of hammers
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Where do you think the fish might be hanging out in this photo?[/size][/green][/font]
[center] [/center] [center][/center] [/reply]
If that was me in that cowboy hat I'd say the fish were about a 1/4 mile upstream..... [Tongue]
[signature]
[black][size 3]A rhyme to remember:[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]When in doubt,[/size]
[size 3]fish the seam for trout.[/size]
[signature]
Right on the foam line. I found that large trout love the foam. It provides food trapped in the foam and shelter underneath. Just my 2 cents.

katghoti
[signature]
I don't know if it matters. They probably don't like my flies there either [Tongue]
[signature]
[font "Trebuchet MS"][size 3][#800000]uuhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm I was gonna say that foam line in the forefront... but.. I would think another good place would of been right where the angler is standing...near that sunken tree.. or the far end of it (to the anglers left)... where the fish could face upstream.. be protected .. and still have food coming to them at a slower rate (even than the foam) because of the slow down caused by that sunken tree.. if I remember right in one of the books I read .. or in a conversation.. most fish prefer to expend as little energy as possible and still feed to their fill.. and I think that log area would provide that as well as if not better than the foam line.. course the angler stepping in close to that log probably frightened them away.. whereas if he or she had gone from the bank they would not of spooked the fish... just my .02... [Smile]

MacFly [cool][/#800000][/size][/font]
[signature]
Macfly....I am impressed![cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there Macfly55 - I have to agree with you about the foam line. Trout have been known to take cover under the foam areas. It also seems to be a collection spot for insects. As you said the trout is a lazy feeder. Likes sitting at the table and having his dinner delivered. [/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Tahoma"][#800000].....thank you sis... I learned/am learning from the best... YOU!!! [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[/#800000][/font]
[signature]