Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Semi Ofishul Jordanelle Floatilla Report 7-26
[cool][#0000ff]TubeBabe couldn't have ordered a nicer morning for her birthday. Nice and cool, but calm. Air temp 56 and water temp 71 at daybreak launch. Actually some mist rising off the water. Not as much mist (fog) as we drove through to get to Jordanelle though.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Last night's storm seemed to have affected the fish. Not many larger fish anyway. A few small smallies and lots of smaller perch, but only a few large enough to dunk in the basket.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Had a good showing for a weekday morning. TubeBabe and I were first there, with Petty4Life showing up just as we were launching. This was to be the maiden voyage of his new H3 "redride". I'll leave it up to him to render a red report.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Out4AFloat hit the water soon after. Sorry, but I either did not get a picture or it did not stick on the photo card. I will verify that you were there. So will a bajillion little perch.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Was pleasantly surprised to see Kastmaster paddling by. Like most of us he did not slay the big smallies, but did get a few dinks. He saved his best for last...hooking about a 15 incher just as he was coming in to the ramp to take out. He put on a good show for the small crowd at the ramp, and executed a perfect conservation release when the smallie finally jumped and waved goodbye to everybody.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Flygoddess had hinted that she might show up and glory be...she done did it. But, as soon as she launched her pretty new Navigator II she got standoffish and headed away from the tubing crowd to wave her fairy wand alone. I guess she scored a few baby bass so as far as I know, nobody went home smelling like skunk.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Majja also made it...finally. His buddy had tube problems that delayed their departure. Still, he scored a few small bass. I think they were actually his first smallies.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Not even one chub today. That storm musta been a doozy. At least it was calm almost all morning. The customary west breeze finally started up, right on time, about 10 AM. Wonder of wonders, the canoe crew wimped out with the weather and did not show up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Fun morning, even though the fishing was not spectacular. Lots of waterfowl, shore birds and ospreys. Also a squirrel that bounced around and swore at me a lot just before I came in.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Good report and photos as usual.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Glad that everyone had a good time, and caught a few fish.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]It appears that the "red brigade" is getting larger.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Wow, I forgot to mention Kastmaster....sorry. Really nice to meet you. We gotta stick to gether to add some BLUE to the RED SEA. All we need is some WHITE tubes and we could make a flag[cool]
[signature]
Hey FG, would a yellow pontoon boat blend in nicely? We may as well get the whole spectrum! One of these days I need to join that rough crowd.

Nice report Pat! It's great to see the pics and read the story, I look forward to it often! : )
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][size 1]fishing wasnt red hot but atleast we all caught fish, i was able to know down a 16in smallie (thought it was bigger that that during the fight) but ill take it anyway. was nice to get the new tube out, [Wink]

PS: Happy 26th birthday Tubebabe...[Wink]

(This post was [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_editlog;post=352804;"][#000000]edited[/#000000][/url] by petty4life on Jul 26, 07, 1:43 PM)
[/size][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][size 1]Attachments:[/size][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=27972;"][Image: image.gif][#333366] IMG_0668.JPG [/#333366][/url](770 KB) [/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Attachments:[/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=27973;"][Image: image.gif][#333366] IMG_0669.JPG [/#333366][/url](762 KB) [/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Attachments:[/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=27974;"][Image: image.gif][#000000] IMG_0672.JPG [/#000000][/url](714 KB) [/size][/black][/font]

Derek well have to hit the pig one of these days in the tubes and toons
[signature]
Jason that would be most excellent! I'm actually thinking about hitting the Pig this weekend. What are your plans?

How long you been a Nebraska 'Huskers fan?
[signature]
i might be able to hit it tomorrow or saturday.

life long husker, born in omaha
[signature]
Good to meet you also, FG. Yeah, I kinda felt out of place with all the red toons out there. [Wink] Anyways, it was good to fish with you again, Pat and also good to meet more BFT'ers. The usual entree for the bass did not work very well today, and couldn't find them at their usual spot. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Pat - I think that smallie got the jitters when he saw you with the camera and decided to flip us all off with its 'tail'.
[signature]
YELLOW is good.

[inline "SALUTE JONI.jpg"]

TubeN2 and Pokymon can contribute to the Yellow
[signature]
Now I see how it is on this board. If your not sporting the red tubes the paparatzi doesn't want your pic.[Wink]

As usual it was great fishing with everybody today. And you couldn't ask for better weather to spend with good company. Hopefully some of those little perch will come useful tomorrow at LB.
[signature]
Nice report TD. That storm you mentioned was too bad last night. Just rained and blew for about an hour. The night before how ever was a different story! Rained so hard it woke me from a dean mans sleep. kept it up (the rain) for around an hour and the wind blew into the morning twiight. I don't think I'll need to water for a week now.

Sure wish I could have been there. Give the Babe a birthday hug and tell her i wish her well. I'll see ya both tomorrow at Linclon. Bring a strainer to get the chocolate out of the water.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The Lincoln Beach thing is off...at least for me. I posted that last night. Muddy water and the chance of north wind kinda take the potential fun out of things.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'll drag my bananas over there. [cool]

Now it is Spudboys turn. He has been a little quiet lately.[blush]
[signature]
Great pics TD. It kinda was a bummer, getting up at 4 but not getting on the water until 830ish. I think my buddy Steve learned his lesson as when we got home he ordered a new bladder for his U-Tube-II. He had a good time as well. Flycasting and Petty it was nice meeting you guys, also it was nice meeting a couple of other BFT'ers launching a small Boston-Whaler. (sorry I forgot your names) And YEa TD was correct I have now scored my first Smallies however the first was almost as small as the 3" Manaic Minnow that he hit.

Flygoddess you should of brought the red one. And at Dave come down and take a few promo pics as it would of looked like Northfork Outdoors sponsored float. hehe

Majja
[signature]
flycasting wasnt there. out4afloat and kastmaster where the other 2 there
[signature]
Thanks for the correction. Sorry about the mistakes. I could list every ones craft before I can remember names.
[signature]
LOL. [Wink]
[signature]
I was there in spirit! I knew you guys needed all the help you could get! [Tongue]
[signature]
[size 1]"I kinda felt out of place with all the red toons out there."[/size]
[size 1][/size]

[size 1]Maybe all of those bright red and blue float tubes in close proximity scared off all of the fish. [Wink] It sounds like everyone had a good time though.[/size]
[signature]
Was that out4afloat in the donut by the rocks?
[signature]