Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trout fishing in Arkansas
[cool] I am going to Northwest Arkansas this weekend and my aunt lives on a spring fed lake that the state stocked with trout. I want to know what is the best bait or lure to use. It is supposed to have bass and I don't know what else is stocked in it. It is a small lake.
Any information would be appreciated.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey Bassngal,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]That is kind of the area where I grew up. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]For trout, try one of these: (for best results, try to fish either early morning or later evening when it is cooler). Try to fish in the vicinity of the spring. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Spinners: Mepps, Rooster Tails, Panther Martins. Colors and sizes depend on conditions. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Crankbaits: Rapalas - Floating, suspending or countdowns in smaller sizes. Color or patterns depends on conditions. Try to match the pattern of the kind of trout that is stocked (i.e. if there are rainbows, use rainbow pattern plug)[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Float and flies: use a casting float with a nymph about 24-36 inches behind it - retrieve very slowly.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Basic worm rigs: either on the bottom or under a float will also work. [/size][/black]
[signature]
[cool] Thanks for the information. I will have to buy a couple of rooster tails. I have a few small crankbaits and Rapala baits. I don't know what kind of trout is stocked. Lookinf forward to trying you ideas.
[signature]
[cool] I bought 3 rooster tails(firetiger,hot pink,yellow/black stripes,(1/8oz) and a blue fox flash kit w/5 baits in it, size 1, 1/8oz. deep runner. Also bought a jar of gulp corn nuggets, and jar of magic corn bait that is biodegradable protein(looks like roe). Also taking panfish gear and bass. GOTTA BE PREPARED!!!!!!!!hehe
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey Bassngal,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Those firetiger roostertails are some of my favorite spinners for trout (bass will also take them). I have them in several sizes from 1/16 to 3/8 oz and always carry one or two in my tackle. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]When you fish the nuggets or corn dough baits, be sure to dip them in the water of a couple of seconds prior to casting. That will help them set up on the hook so they can hold better when you cast them out.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]For a good time, use your panfish gear for the trout. Even planters will feel like a trophy fish.[/size]
[signature]