Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer & Elk combo ?
I drew a deer and elk combo hunt and i have managed to find some deer but i am really Confused on where to go for the elk my hunt is at the same time as the regular elk hunt i dont know how packed it is going to be out there since i have never been elk hunting so any help would be appreciated i hunt alone so if you have the same tag and you are as Confused as i am we could hunt together
[signature]
OK WHAT UNIT? ARE YOU SCOUTING HIGH OR AT WHAT ELLIVATION? I CAN ASSIST YA IN SOME WAYS. THAT WILL SAVE ALOT OF TIME. SHOOT ME A PM. I DONT GIVE THIS STUFF OUT ON PUBLIC FORUMS. KEN /AKA CROSSINEYES/ AKA. MJRELKFREAK.
[signature]
The area is limited to the Unitas and Monte Cristo range for elk, unless you can find them somewheres else. I don't like the boundries much. I would say your best bet for Elk and deer is the Uintas, now you just need to find someone that knows a good place.
[signature]
P.M sent
[signature]
The boundarys work out good for the deer i have shot a 30 inch 5x4 there and have seen other big bucks there but i have not seen or heard any elk i have seen bear there[unimpressed]
[signature]
Depending on weather and other things that are out of our control, the Uinta's can and are a very good place to get both. The george side gets hit the hardest but there are alot of elk. The Mirror Lake HWY has some very good areas also, but most of them are a good hike from the road. If you are not above a good hike, shoot me a pm and we'll talk.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Monte Cristo, wouldn't there be some straglers off of the Deseret? If so that is where I would be. If not the Uintas south of Mtn. View has some pretty decent low 300 class bulls, but the area gets hit pretty hard from what I can tell.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Good luck on your hunt FS36,[/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
The bulls on Deseret usually stay on Deseret until the snow hits. Once in a while you can find some satellite bulls coming off for a drink, but it's a nasty hike in and out anyway you look at it. If you don't have horses or llamas, you better have $300 to call an outfitter to come and get it for you. Muzzleloader is the best bet around the border of Deseret, we usually get some snow around that time. My brother in law took a 330 bull off of the border last year.
[signature]