Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Seadoo - The Idea
Ok, the problem I had, or First let me start with, is the wife, who we all know sometimes is in control, (which is ok), but when it comes to fishing, she was infringing on un-charted territory. So, we (the wife and I) recently purchased a brand new 2007 Seadoo Speedster 150, (red/Black Color Scheme), which we loved, well shortly after getting it, I started doing allot of fishing with it. My brothers and I picked up fishing and really started liking it.

Well I was hooked, so a couple months go by to see if this was just a fluke of nature and if I would be fishing for a while, but we notice that we were not stopping, fishing here and there.
The problem: It was time to get a bass boat. Well there comes the wife, The wife loved the Seadoo Jet Boat, (so did I) for the pure fun, and we know some bass boats well lets just say my wife did not like the idea of laying out on a fishing boat. (Though she may have more room, no she is not a big person, no insult, though it looked like one)…

I started looking for the bass boat, and my wife intervened and said we are not getting rid of the Seadoo. She stated if you want a fishing boat you need to convert the Seadoo into one, but allow it to also be like a jet boat when we are not fishing… Hhhhmmmmm… This is going to be hard..

The brain started going as the wife gave me full control, $$$, so I went to my local Bass Pro Shop in Concord Mills, NC, and starting searching for ideas…

This is where we are today… I also talked to my local Seadoo shop to see if anything like this was done before. Lake Norman Power Sports, in Cornelius, NC told me nothing has been done like this, but they are willing to help on any installations if needed…

So help on installs- Check

The mind started going, and I think I need flush mount seats, removable trolling motor (with battery and removable plug), and a fishing rod holder. I think this is what we truly need. The biggest problem we had is when the motor is off, we have to drop anchor. Therefore the ground we cover is small. Seats, was an extra added plus, the Seadoo has seats but all facing forward.
Ideas are Flowing….

So Project Seadoo is underway, and I am excited to take up this challenge. I will keep you informed.

You can visit our website for the more details[#ff0000]...(l[/#ff0000][#ff0000]ink removed)
[/#ff0000]
Forgot to include, Here are some pre-work pictures
[#ff0000](link removed)[/#ff0000]
Wow! That is such a cool idea. That sure is cheaper than the price of a Bass boat these days. I would love to see a picture of it on the board here but please remember that the forum rules only allow the pictue to be 450 pixels wide.

One of the other rules prohibits posting links to other websites with forums or direct links to forums. I had to disable the ones in your post due to the regulations here.

We do welcome your membership here as well as anything that you would like to share here. You are also welcome to use any adivice that is given here.[cool]
[signature]
Ok here is pre-work picture top view...

[Image: prework-top-b.jpg]

BOUGHT THE TROLLING MOTOR...
Ok, after searching high and low, for which trolling motor to fit on the Seadoo, I decided to go with the “Minn Kota® Edge Bow Mount Trolling Motors” with the “Tilt Twist Tiller™”

I also went with the “Minn Kota® Composite Quick-Release Trolling Motor Mounting Brackets” so the boat can be a regular jet boat with a simple unlock of the pin from the plate.

So both items are in my possession from Bass pro Shops in Concord Mills Mall in North Carolina. Need to keep in mind of a battery, the nice part of this trolling motor it only requires one 12 Volt battery. I am only pulling a 16 foot boat so it should be more than enough with 40 lbs. of thrust.

Trolling Motor: $249.99
Release Bracket: $89.99
Total Spent so far on Project Seadoo: $339.98

Seats are NEXT!!!! i will keep you all posted...
[signature]
That looks cool. Thanks for the picture and for sharing.

Please keep us up to date.[cool]
[signature]
Cool never seen a ski doo made into a fishing boat but I dont think they will be any diffrent from my run about....
Well good luck.
[signature]
Looks like with some creative wood work and/or fiberglassing and carpeting, you can easily make a casting platform on the front that could double as a sun-deck for those non-fishing times. Get a removable seat so you can take it down when your just cruising/watersking/whatever.

Get your hands on a big cooler, a pump, and a couple of hoses and you have yourself a removeable livewell.

I'm sure it would be no trouble to install a depth finder on that thing.

You already have the bow mounted trolling motor. Maybe get some foot controls so you can use it and cast off the platform at the same time.

And there you go. One jet engine bass boat that can easily be un-bassed and turn back into a just for fun boat.
[signature]