Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muzz report???
So did anyone get out for the muzzleloader hunt???
We hunted the back side of Farmington peak and passed on three 2 points, a spike, and a decent three point. I also saw the biggest buck of my life @ 300 yards and tried to sneak up on him. Those bucks don't get big by being stupid, he was on me like a duck on a june bug. He got outta there quick! I'll be looking for him this evening.
Also spotted a big six point bull herding up his cows and bugling like mad! saw a couple of other bulls also. It was a pretty fun hunt.
Good luck to all!
Hookjaw
[signature]
Sounds like you saw a good mix of critters! Hope you can bag a nice one.
[signature]
I have missed 2 bucks and seen a few others. Bullet and powder problems. Fixing it as we speak.
[signature]
Listened on the radio to two hunters yesterday morning while tubbing Strawberry. Guy number one was in the wrong place at the wrong time all morning. Gentleman number two was too far away from a couple of what he called nice three points. Was going to wait for them to bed down and then try to get closer. Had to leave before he ever reported how it turned out.
[signature]
I went up American Fork canyon opening morning saw tons of wild life. Bull and Cow Moose, Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat, Tons of Big bull Elk and of course some deer. Passed on several small 2 points and did see some bigger ones, just couldn't get close enough. It was great to enjoy the elk bugling all night long. Not done yet though, hope it snows like crazy on Saturday, then I will hit it hard again.
[signature]
Got mine tonight! Shot a good sized 2 point from 25 yards after a 15 minute standoff with 4 bucks! Full report tomorrow and pics.
[signature]
just got back from my hunt... me and three friends went up to the currant creek area.. we saw a lot of little bucks... I passed on about four little bucks but a buddy of mine took a nice little two point...

The best part of the whole trip happened two days ago... I was awakened at about 5 am by two bulls yelling at each other... we had heard the bulls all week but now they were about 500 yards from our camp... I grabbed my sleazy cow call and walked about 200 yards from camp... I talked to this bull for about 20 minutes as he yelled at me and raked the crap out of trees... he came about 80 yards from camp and I stopped calling to him... he walked around the camp for about 10 minutes and then he left...

I had also left my trail cam up in my hunting area for several weeks to see how it would work... five weeks later it was still taking pictures, more than 400 of them... here are a couple...
[signature]
I went out opening day with my buddy and his dad. I didn't hunt, (I bow hunt) just went along for the ride. First thing in the morning we saw a good 3 point and a couple of 2 points came by. I got the video camera on them and told him to shoot when he was ready. 1st shot missed, the deer looked around and moved slowly closer to him while he reloaded. 2nd shot went about 3 inches over its back.
I just giggled because of how good of a shot this guy is. This was the first time I have been with him shooting at a buck. He is awesome at the range.
By now the deer have started to figure out something is not right so they took off without anymore shots. About 10 minutes later he comes another wave of deer with a couple big 2 points and a lot of smaller bucks. Had the biggest forker coming right to us and then he went into some trees behind the does and never came out. Ended up giving us the slip.
We hunted the rest of the day only seeing does, so when we go back to the truck we drove down the road to glass one last place. Wound up finding 5 bucks playing around right above where we started the day. We picked out the biggest 2 point and he killed it. Ended up seeing around 125- 150 deer and about 20-25 bucks. Bad thing was that we only saw 1- 3 point and another hunter that killed a small 4 point. It was still a great day though even though I didn't hunt.
[signature]
So what about this bullet powder problem? What happened? Give me a call later if you want. I should be here all day today and tomorrow.
[signature]
I have been out several times near my house (hunting in Randolph). Passed on one small buck and seen a few other small bucks. I have seen a few more deer this year and I hope it continues.

I shot a cow on a depredation permit last week and I hope that isn't my only harvest of the year.
[signature]