Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So where is this place?
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Any guess as to where this scene is located?[/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=29907;][/center]
[signature]
[black][size 3]To me, it looks like Flat Creek, located in the elk preserve north of Jackson, Wyoming.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]If I'm right, you have to share the prize with me. OK?[/size]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[size 3]See Attached.[/size]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Sorry you didn't win Flygoddess's new Boo.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Well if the prize is just a wooden stick, I don't feel too bad.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I thought that maybe it would be a new Hummer or a year supply of York mint patties.[Smile][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there Saberfish did you super impose the fish & rod into your avatar? I don't recall the farmer & his wife in the famous painting of the American Gothic House holding anything but a pitch fork. LOL Grant Woods might think that it is an improvement or be flipping in his grave.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I would like to tell you that it's my Photo shop work, but alas, I'm not that computer savvy.[/size][/black]
[size 3]American Gothic has probably been modified more than any other famous painting in the world. If you search around the net, you will find some real entertainment viewing some of the mods. Some are funny, some are XXX rated, some will just make you scratch your head.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
looks like horse shoe springs in tooele county.

pa
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi pa and welcome to the Fly Fishing board. Sorry to say that your guess is real cold. Try again.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
...Ill be honest and say I have no idea where that is but is that a fly fisherman in a blue shirt standing on the bit of land on the lower part of the "s" or are my old eyes playing tricks on me???

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey Macfly yes that is someone fly fishing. Can you tell me what kind of fly he's using? LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]From here, it looks like a poorly tied white miller with a yellow egg sack. And, it looks like a size 14. (not sure of the size, but I got the fly right)[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]
[#005000][cool]Don't want to give the fly away until Macfly comes to bat> LOL[/#005000]
[signature]
I have no idea where this is but I love those kind of rivers, like up there at Strawberry.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Welcome back Flygoddess. We're all sorry for your loss.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]This river is located in an area that most fly fishers dream about traveling to. [/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I guess that means the Bighorn or in Patagonia.
[signature]
.... hey I was lucky I saw the fly fisherman.. now.. since I have no idea where this is.. or what season.. Id have no idea the fly that would most likely be used.. but have been told common go to flies would be a wooly.. or a pt nymph.. or maybe a hares ear.. or a copper john.. too many options for a newbie like me..

.. now as far as dreams of places to fish.. Im thinkning just about anywhere would be good.. especially if I was able to meet up with my sis or anyone of you.. [Smile]

.. good to see ya back on the board sis.. [Smile]..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][green][font "Poor Richard"][size 3][green][cool]Is this a multiple choice answer? LOL Ah yes one of your locations is correct and that would be Patagonia. Here is a completely different view of a cool river in Patagonia. Nichole Apple of Xclusive Xpeditions made a presentation to our fly club the other night during which she showed numerous slides of Patagonia covering Argentina & Chile.
[/green][/size][green][size 3][/size][/green][/font]
[/green][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=29925;]
[/center]
[signature]
... is she the angler in the picture.. [Smile]... hee eheh maybe she can clear up which fly was being used... [angelic]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Thanks DR. Things are slowly coming together. We have moved in with my father and I am renting my house to a close friend. That way I can leave a lot of my stuff there like our boats.
The main problem I am having now, is I am working off my mothers MACBOOK and I am a spaz. But, I am getting use to it, too
[signature]
you threw me for a second with the Mac Book.. I was thinking you meant a Macaroni cookBook.. [sly]

... either way.. good seeing ya back sis.. I for one missed ya like crazy.. and you know what I said before.. please dont hesitate if needed.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]