Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zippo on the muzzle
Took my little brother out on the muzzle loader hunt a couple days last week. About 75% of my prefered range burnt down this year, so it's out to the nevada state line on the rifle hunt later this month.

About the hunt. Saw a few deer still, hiking unfamiliar areas. Hiked about 15 miles each day. My little brother missed one 26" 4x5 that was extremely tall. From what I saw, around 20" tall, and extremely long tined. Tough shot, though. About 275 down hill.

No chukars. Heard one covey of them, but that's about it. Packed the shot gun around the entire time. Coulda blasted bunnies to my hearts disire, but I didn't really want to. Also had a badger come ripping out of a hole and charge for a minute. Lucky little bugger backed off, though.

No good all around. I have a feeling it's going to be a disappointing season. Wish I had a northern tag. Found a big buck on a range in northern. If only I could hunt him Sad
Too bad you guys didn't connect on that nice buck. At least you got to explore some new territory.
[signature]