Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 10/3/07
Read Piscispersuit's post of last week. Went down & purchased some LC pointers.

Arrived at Strawberry Marina a little after 7:00 a.m. Headed over to the Meadows. Did not cast the lucky's like Pisci's did; however, did troll them through < 20 feet of water. The bite was phenominal (??). Ended up catching 26; three bows approx. 2.5 pounds each, the remainder were cutts the largest 21-inches.

The wind started at 9:45 and by 11:00 a.m. the white caps were showing up. It was too difficult to stay in shallow water so I headed out into the deep. Continued to troll LC pointers - long lining. All fish caught were near the surface. Saw a few fish 25 - 40 feet; however, never rigged up the down riggers.

The bite was over at 12:30 - 1:00 p.m. However, I stayed & fought the wind until 3:00 p.m. I probably had another 10-15 good solid hits that never set the hook. I am surprised that anything can touch a LC pointer and not get hooked.

So no photos. Too hard to fish & steer the boat in the wind.
[signature]
thanks for the report OFC. im probly going to hit the berry friday rain or shine
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]PFL we need to fish Strawberry together again I should have some time in about 10 day when I get the job I’m on now done. [/size][/font]
[signature]
your on Paul[Wink]
[signature]