Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duck opener??
Where's everybody hunting saturday morning??
Just got back from brbr and drove away with tears in my eyes and a mouth full of disgust! Absolutely no water out there except on the big pond and the rest area. Very, very few birds on huntable water. The biologist said it will be 3-4 weeks before the water gets deep enough in the other ponds to hold birds. Don't know what to do now. Go get shot at Howards Slough, or get shot at Ogden Bay? Shoulda went elk hunting.[unsure]
[signature]
That sucks Brody. Still debating going out myself.
[signature]
strawberry is always fun. back in the narrows in the litle figer bays. it should be way good with the forcast. [Wink]
[signature]
I agree with Crossineyes, Last week up there fishing there was a great deal pf ducks and geese moving around. I would consider a " CAST AND BLAST"
[signature]
I agree with both of you the ducks are thick up there right now,chicken creek west where the river comes in is thick with mostly gadwalls and some geese,I have never hunted up there but have always wanted to give it a try.Long walk to huntable area unless you can get a boat to drop you off,if that where the case you could limit out pretty quick.but you would need a coffin or something because there's not cover to hide in.I have also seen quite a few in the areas you guys where talking about,and in the back of indain creek.alot of the shallow bays hold good numbers.
[signature]
Thanks for the idea Ken. Not sure if i want to drive all the way up there for ducks though.
[signature]
Brody,

If you stop and think about it, Its no diffrent than driving to the Bear for the day. plus you can fish and shoot, not deal with all the people and see some big game. If I wasnt leaving for Laramie this morning to visit my daughter at UW and take in a football game i would go do it with ya and split the gas.[unsure] Sorry good luck at whereever you end up [Wink]
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Well...at least you're going out somewhere. I have to work...[mad]work sucks!![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
its a lot of fun chuck and i have hunted it for 15 plus yrs. we have some killer spots. pm me if ya want some info on where to launch and where to hunt.
[signature]
Hey, What are you doing ?? giving up our secret. Brody, listen to Ken, that is if he's going to tell you how to do it. it's not just where the ducks are, it's the approach and set up. and if the weather is too good for the ducks the fishing is always super. if the wind is blowing good, you can go shoot and spook the ducks. then go fish for an hour or so, and go back to the same spot and the ducks should be back. some times you can do this allday and have a cast and blast fun filled day. when me and Ken first started doing this we would get a bunch of green heads and catch over 100 fish. now 15 years later, the fishing is still super but the ducks were catching on to us, until 3 years ago, took us a few but we got them right where we want them now. if the ducks are there, game over, we win every time. later chuck
[signature]
Glassmans pond is always a good bet.
[signature]
[sly]
[signature]
Huh ????
Now I know a duck-man like yourself would hunt the sahara if it had ducks [cool].
Too far to drive , now thats funny coming from you [Wink] .
[signature]
Try the Roy Pond. Them damn ducks will just walk right up to you, so you can hunt Rambo style with a big @$$ knife.
TS
[signature]