Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry last Thursday in the Rain, Snow, Fog, & “W” /pics.
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Last Thursday IGOTABITE & I went to Strawberry for some of the excitement everyone’s been talking about, and wow were you guys right. We left early about 4:45am and after some almost getting stuck in the mud for a pit-stop, and some bad icy roads and slick bridges, (I never thought I would see Gene turn White, haha), we got to the Strawberry Marina in one piece, about 7:30am. It was cold cold, bad news the ramp was completely iced over about an inch thick, I don’t have 4WD so I helped a fellow boater / fisherman, put his chains on and he launched my boat, Thank you very much who ever you are. We got on the water about 8:15am and tried to find the “secrete” spot we were told about. When we got there no bites nothing, nada, so I rechecked the map and found we were in the wrong spot ( I haven’t been there in a boat for about 40 years), once we found the spot the action was on! First cast 19” second cast 18” third cast 20” the fun just didn’t quit & I stopped counting. My guess is about 15 fish each & everything was between 18” to 23” I’ve never had so much fun. The fishing wasn’t the only excitement. Once when we went to move after I got the anchor pulled up, I couldn’t get either motor started so we got blown up against the shore, no ore, so we had to use the net to stay off the rocks. After I got the trolling motor started we backed up away from the shore, with the waves coming over the back, and got the big motor started and went to a different spot and had some more fun with the Cuts. When we went to move to another spot I was pulling up the anchor and my foot got wet, I looked down and it looked like we were sinking ! OH CRAP !!! We headed out for the closest ramp and almost couldn’t get on plain because there was so much weight from the water. NO beagle pump ! So Gene said pull the plug and I almost had to change my pants, we were in 70 feet of water! It worked and we were ready for more excitement. We headed over to another spot and no matter where we went we kept pulling them in. We left about 6:00pm What a long FUN Day! Thanks for the great company Gene![/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]20"[/size][/font]
[inline HPIM0145.jpg]

19"
[inline HPIM0146.jpg]

Water Temp was aroung 48*
[inline HPIM0147.jpg]

My Wife said how come you didn't bring these home for a Cajun cook out...
[inline HPIM0151.jpg]

23"
[inline HPIM0154.jpg]

20"
[inline HPIM0155.jpg]
[signature]
Nice report thanks for sharing!
[signature]
great report thanks for sharing report and pictures[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the photos and report. Looks like you guys had a good time.
As far as taking on water, those little mishaps only add to the fun, excitement and memories. No doubt about it, the first time a person happens to be onboard on a lake when the boat plug is pull to drain water can sure be an eye opener, and cause a mouth to drop open too, lol.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a trip to remember, lots of fun and just the right excitement...

[signature]