Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da' Berry 10-28-07
Myself, ebass, and my buddy Brandon hit strawberry and put a hurtin' on the cutts. We guessed we boated around 40-50 cutts, not a bow in sight. Most were caught in 23'. No doubt, my best day ever at the berry. I can't believe how big those fish were! ebass, Eric, boated the first AND the biggest fish of the day-a 27" cutt with a head like the size of a baby and a belly like...well, mine I guess [cool]. We caught several fish over the slot and had doubles and a triple. We caught several fish by site. The cutts were cruising. There was no w... at all, a slight breeze to maybe ripple the water a bit at times and nice warm temps. Besides Erics toad, these pics show no justice on the size of these fish. Go to the berry, you will NOT be dissapointed.
On a side note I have to say a special thanks to mgb for showing me how to fish berry a couple weeks ago. My hats off to you (pun intended [Wink])
[inline "da Berry 10-28-07 0021.jpg"] [inline "da Berry 10-28-07 0031.jpg"]

[inline "da Berry 10-28-07 0041.jpg"]
[inline "da Berry 10-28-07 0051.jpg"]
Brandon hooked this 'cutt in da butt!' You can see Eric with a look of awe on his face. Brandon than proceeded to catch 5 more in a few minutes...showoff.
[inline "da Berry 10-28-07 0061.jpg"]
[inline "da Berry 10-28-07 0111.jpg"]
[signature]
Wow, what a fantastic day you had!

Nice fish! Nice pictures!

Glad to see you put some fish in the boat. Caught a few myself yesterday at the berry but didn't do quite as good as you.

I guess I can expect my hat in the mail some time this next week?
[signature]
Yep. It'll be there probably tuesday.
[signature]
I am so mad I didn't get up there today, I did yard work instead...that was one of those once in a great while days it looks like. Glad you had such a great day!!! I will have to look on the bright side, my leaves are picked up [pirate]
[signature]
Wow , you guys had a banner day . Great pictures , Thanks for sharing.

AFdan52
[signature]
Nice looking pictures, great days and great pictures last forever....
[signature]
You to did not mention what a beautiful day it was for late October. Like I said in another post catching fish for me was just a bonus.
[signature]
Are you sure that big one was only 27 long??? I have pulled out plenty of 23s and 24s and that thing puts all of them to shame! It looks about 30" to me. What a hog!!!
[signature]
I'd have to agree - that first one looks like it could push 30". Did you let them go or did you enjoy their wonderfully pink meat?

Congrats on an awesome day!
[signature]
Your my hero John[Wink]
[signature]
great report and pictures. it only takes one time catching fish like that to spoil you forever. the berry rocks. [cool]
[signature]
There was no w... at all, a slight breeze to maybe ripple the water a bit at times and nice warm temps.

I'm pretty sure it was 27" but I'll go for 30" [Smile]. We caught several cutts over the slot some had some meat on them for sure but none were as fat as Erics. I should of grabbed a pic of how wide it was. It hasn't missed a meal, that for certain. We were talking about it and we came up this "It's like it stopped growing longer and started growing fatter". It's still swimming up there, I hope to catch his big brother real soon.
[signature]
Only reason that 27" fish looks bigger is everyone else is stretching there fish to make them 24" . Nice fish . I didn't do that well sunday but still had fun . You dont want to catch the brother because the sisters are the hogs with girth . That 27" is a female and maybe the second one down . Female are the darker colored ones and fatter . I pulled about a 5# female up from about 70' of water sunday and eggs were going all over the place . Must of not spawned this year . The eggs looked dead , translucent white with a big red spot with black dot on them .
[signature]
Easy fella, I never claimed all those fish were 24". All I did was post some pics of some of the fish. Almost all were released boatside but we had to have some pics. I didn't know jack about trout fishing untill this fall at the 'berry. Thanks for the identification, though if 'she' has a 'big' brother I'd be more than happy to catch him. You going up there this weekend?

Edit: I'm not trying to attack you but I'm a little offended that you think I'm (we are) holding the fish closer to the camera only so it looks bigger. I have nothing to prove to anybody, I'm not trying to impress you, nobody wants to see me in the front of the pic, they want to see the fish. I have no need to pull trick photography bullcrap and that is NOT why we hold the fish closer to the camera. The first joint (tip) of my finger is approximately 1" long. Use that to so you can measure the fish and let me know long they are according to you.
[signature]
I was refering to the others and not yours . [Wink] Believe it or not but someone just took off with my Tahoe . I have been on the phone with the sheriff trying to get it back . Usually it is my kid taking it but not this time . I ready to kick some Arse now .
[signature]
Out of your driveway?

Sorry about the post, I just had to vent. One thing I don't mess around with is fishing. Seeing as you don't have a vehicle, I may have an open spot Saturday [Wink].
[signature]
Hells, me thinks you need to move to a better 'hood. Hope they catch the scrote bags.

Fishin4fun05, He was clearly giving you your propers, why the harsh retort?
[signature]
Like I said, I apologized, it just felt personal. One of the things that I hold true are my fishing trips and besides, nothing personal as I do not know you other than BFT but you seem to have a forked Tongue yourself.
[signature]
Oh it's OK , I must of got black ball here . Sorry , they don't let me see the list or PM me when that happens . My mistake . I really didn't think I did anything wrong , but must of upset someone .
[signature]
Forked Tongue you say? I don't recall ever jumping someone for complimenting my catch. But that's right, you are a moderator so you can speak freely. The rest of us just have to step in line and take it.
[signature]