Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Huntin Stories
I went out and get my license the other day. Have gone out a couple times now. I had a decent size doe only 40 yards away... it would have been a nice broadside shot but I passed her up because there was a buck following her. Wasn't a big one... 4 point (I think). The buck followed for a while and started to come up but I think he winded me because he stopped and then went around. I had a shot but wasn't a very good one so let him go for another day.

I havn't seen anything in the mornings... all the deer around here seem to be moving in the evenings.

My father in-law got a nice size doe on first day (show off).

So how are the rest of ya doing? I'm sure someone has a good story by now....(all hunters do) ...... come on....lets here it.
[signature]
doin about the same here,

speaking of show offs... check this story out....

I spent the first three days of my season processing every one elses deer, starting with my dads first, He got to his spot and dropped a doe right off, called for the guys he was with to come and help him load her up, an hour goes by as he waits in his blind and another doe walks in to range and he drops another one in her tracks. he calls again to see what is taking them and they said they were on their way, and he tells them he has another doe that has to be picked up, and they said good deal they would be right there, so another hour has passed, two hours in to opening morning and a 7 point walks in and he drops that one in his tracks. Well he calls his buds again wantin to know where they were, it raining and the figured he would be alright in his huntin shack so the said they shot at one on the way out and was tracking it and would be there just as soon as the find it, well another hour goes by and a 12 point walks in to range and dad drops him in his tracks..

so now it is about 10 am opening morning he calls his buds again and says he all out of tags and he cant get out the door because of all the deer piled up. his buds still out hunting said they are having a hard time trying to track down a wounded deer in the rain.

they finaly showed up about 11:30 am figuring he would be ready for lunch and was stunned to see deer piled waist high.

needless to say I had my hands full.
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8308/cat/602"][Image: dad_deer.JPG][/url][/center] [center]click to enlarge[/center] [center] [/center] [left]I finaly got blood off my hands and out to the woods in the afternoon of day 4 and sat there for 6 hours, but sore, blatter running on over time, and I finaly get the unsupressing urge to go back in, I cant take another 10 minutes, and of corse I get up and start walking back and I thought to my self now that I am getting up and going in the deer is going to show up, I turned around and looked back and sure nuff, a big bodied doe comes walking in just as pritty as she pleased, not a care in the world... ten feet from where I was sitting...[/left] [left] [/left] [left]I did get something for my efforts, I got a shot of a turkey, took it with my nikon digital...[/left] [left] [/left] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8309/size/big/cat/602"][Image: Turkey_11.JPG][/url][/center] [center]click to enlarge[/center] [center] [/center] [left]I shlept the entire 5th day, didnt set foot out of the house, its susposed to rain the next couple days, so maybe in the rain I can get a burger of my own.. LOL.[Tongue][/left]
[signature]
wow... now that is a story.

Only thing I've seen last couple days is a black cat wondering the field looking for mice.
[signature]
snow any one?

susposed to have white stuff on the ground in the morning... you expecting?
[signature]
He shoots......and............and........

Had a nice 6 point in the scope tonight about 75 yards away. He wasn't coming any closer and started to walk away so I pulled the trigger. BANG...the deer's rear legs fell out from underneath it and it hit the ground and I thought for sure I broke the things back. But nope... he hopped right up and all I saw after that was a bouncing white tail disappearing into the swamp.

I gave it about 10 minutes and went for a walk over there. Found nothing on the trail where I shot..... no blood ....no hair ..... nothing..... the only thing I did find was a small sapling that looked like it got snapped in either the fall or in the frantic run towards the swamp. Followed the trail into the swamp for a good 100 yards.. not one sign of blood or hair or anything at all..... Well Crap !!!!

If I did hit him it must not have been very hard. Maybe just grazzed him. At this point I'm just hoping I just scared the hell out of the thing and it slipped in the wet tall grass when it went to run. On a good note I did find one of my old buckets that I used about 3 years ago still sitting under a pine in the middle of the swamp.

The white stuff is falling here in Grand Rapids and tomorrow morning should be some good hunting. But not for me....... instead I'll be headed off to my mom's in West Branch for turkey dinner and the best pumpkin pie in all of Michigan.

Good huntin guys.. I'll check back in a couple days with hopefully better news than just BANG... MISS....C R A P !!!!!!
[signature]