Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story B
[size 3]For many years we fish a lake up in Idaho with poor success. Like one or two BIG fish in a three day span.[/size]
[size 3]While up there one year we noticed some Boys from LOGAN sitting there with there indicators (they had two rod permits) bouncing up and down on both rods.[/size]
[size 3]When we all got to shore we talked to the gentlemen and they were nice enough to explain this "DEEP WATER NYMPHING STYLE".[/size]
[size 3]The next morning we got out on the water and began trying it. You do need sonar to do this in deeper water.[/size]
[size 3]The fish seem to be hanging around 20' deep. Well, everyone knows, fish look up and to the side, but never down. So, I set my slip indicator at 18' for the first fly and one at 15' for any swim byes.[/size]
[size 3]We started catching fish right and left, it was the coolest thing since Peanut Butter.[/size]
[size 3]Since then I have tried this on every piece of stillwater I fish and it has yet to let me down.[/size]
[size 3]Even on waters where I have no sonar, I will start with a nine foot leader and work my way up.[/size]
[size 3]Chironomids are the main food source for fish 3/4 of the year so, you really can't go wrong.[/size]
[signature]