Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last cast, big fish
I'm waiting for the pictures, but this story is too cool. I'll add the picture later. On Thursday the fishing action was scattered with a few small peacock and largemouth being taken from all around the lake. Most in the 1 to 2 pound size. (on Friday everything broke loose with 1 to 3 pound peacock bass schooling and taking almost any thing tossed at them)
(The only real excitement came about an hour before quitting time when Chris, who was sitting on a small cooler on the bow of the boat, kind of missed when he sat down and went over backwards into the lake.)
Cell phone and all.
Around 4:00 PM he announced "Last Cast", time to go home. The angler and his wife both cast out their lines and..... Wham. She hooks into a 2 1/2 pound largemouth and he had a 6 1/2 pound peacock bass grab his little surface popper.
I'm surprised you didn't hear them yelling. After pictures and congratulations all around they headed in. What a great way to end a day of fishing.
Aloha,
Stan
[signature]
I used to say last cast..... but I don't do it anymore. I was tired of seeing my wife just roll her eyes when I said it because she knew it wasn't true. I mean come on....we are all fishermen...you know how it is.... you think to yourself... "just one more cast".....nothing....ok, ok, just one more.... nothing again.......3rd time is a charm ...come on...one last try..... you get a small bump... was it a hit or just bottom? ....better make one more cast....... then after a couple more you think... ok.. really I mean it this time...this is the last cast.....(yeah right).

My motto....Fish untill it's to dark to tie a knot or if your brought a flashlight- until the bugs and misquito's drive you crazy. (Just be sure you are the one with the keys in your pocket or else the wifeeey will quietly disappear and you'll be walking home).
[signature]
Spoken like a true fisherman.[sly]
By the by, is that a MI shirt you have on? My wife wants to visit that Christmas ornament place in Frankinmoth???
Any fishing around there?
Aloha,
Stan
[signature]
[Image: fish-on.gif] GOT ANY PICS. OF THAT BASS ???????????? mikemunjas@ pappysgto@aol.com
[signature]
Here you go..... Picture of a nice Hawaii peacock bass.
Aloha,
Stan
[signature]
Too dark to tie your line??? That excuse is lame. You must be married. Everybody knows married people can't fish. Not enough practice. Too many excuses, 'cause if you don't get home soon....Whoa man that little filly can yell. Make your life a livin' hell. That's why you love her. My wife said " Fishin' or me ". What was her name? This brings me to my point. That's the best thing about fishin'. Practice, practice, practice. (Diclaimer): My humor has been mis-understood in the past, I'm just fooling around. Nothing personal. I'm sorry about you being married.[Wink]
[signature]
Nice fish
[signature]
Yup I'm from Michigan. [Smile]

I grew up about 20 minutes from that fancy Christmas store. Just tell me what your wifey wants and I'll save you a long trip. [Wink] There are plenty of places to go fishing in the area. You can go pretty much anyplace in the state of Michigan and still be within 3 miles of a lake or river. There is a little river that cuts right through the middle of Frankenmuth (where the christmas store is) that was pretty good for small mouth bass last time I checked.

You guys don't have to feel bad for me being married. I'm actualy one of the lucky ones. My little wifey loves to go fishing and most of the time it's her bugging me wanting to go.
[signature]