Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming down south, have a few questions!
HI there, I'm coming down south for a few days from BC and had a few questions for ya

1. is there any decent fishing along the I-5, as I'm going to be between Bellingham and Bellevue for a few days

2. are there any fishing/outdoors stores worth checking out along this route? I'm looking for a decent drift rod for steelies/salmon, but also want to check out other stuff as well

any info is appreciated.

Thanks
[signature]
Welcome to the site!
If you come just a little bit farther south to Lacey, WA. That is just the north side of Olympia. There is a Cabellas that opened in September. It is suppose to be like Six Flags for sportsmen. I have not been yet since I live in Vancouver, USA and just have not been up that way for a while.

I read the winter steelhead are running good right now in the rivers. Not fishing up north at all I can not give you first-hand knowledge, but here are a couple of reports from the last few days.

Green River: "After getting skunked yesterday in Kent, I moved up river to Flaming Geyser today. On the second cast I hooked and landed a nice Native Steelhead about 6 pounds. My camera was up on the bank so I was not able to get a picture before releasing the guy, They say you are not even supposed to take them out of the water. I was using a chartreuse and Pink Spin N Glo with a prawn tail. It was an awesome quiet day on the river. I saw a few beat up chums swimming around and some very small fish rolling. The water in Kent has about 1 foot of visibility while its gin clear up river."

Skykomish River: "Hit the river around 10:30am at Rieter......One guy who was leaving the river as we got there was carrying out a big steely......said he had seen around 10 fish caught within the first hour of arriving at the river earlier that morning. The north bank where we were fishing was very crowded and could hardly find a spot to work my way into the water......tried for several hours using float & jig in the calmer water......moved downstream to where the water was more swift and switched over to drift fishing and fished for a couple more hours. Left the river with frozen feet and empty handed. However, there were several fish caught over the course of the day. My buddy landed a nice hen drift fishing in the rougher water. As we were leaving around 3:30, the game warden pulled into the parking area to start checking licenses and catch records."

Good luck to you and perhaps if you bring the question to the Washington State board you could get better first-hand answers.

Lewis

I am not sure, but I think this is how to add the address for the Washington board [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=61"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=61[/url];
[signature]