Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff you have lost, while fishing.
So let's hear it. This should be funny to hear some of the stuff you have lost while fishing. We don't wanna hear any lame stories about lost lures due to snags. We wanna hear the stories about the 200 dollars in fishing equiment that got knocked out of your boat, or whatever.

Second time out on my little raft, I lost a fishing rod/reel. Stuck the rod in the rod holder while trolling, and must have gotten a bite, or snagged bottom. And there it went. Right out of the rod holder.

Took my wife up the Strawberry out in the ladders area. Again in the cheapo raft. Well were trolling along, and it was pretty slow. Early in the morning, lack of sleep, nice and tried. Well the bugs were pissing her off. Finally she had enough of the bugs, and started going crazy. Smacking bugs that would land anywhere. Swing her arms around like a crazy mad woman. Next thing I see. Her eye glasses flying off of her face. And slowly sinking to the depths of Strawberry. hehehe crazy women. heheh
[signature]
this did not happen to me but in a boat that was behind me at yuba.. they wore playing in my wake then i seen them spin all the way around then stop. i went back to help them and see what happened to them on the way back i asked my buddy (did that boat have a outboard ) he says yeah i thinks so.. well i say it dont now!! ends up that playing in my wake he hit one sideways and the new 10hrs 150 merc ripped the whole backend of the new boat right off and the motoer is as fare as i know still at the bottom of yuba.. i think it was about a 7000.00 or 8000.00 outboard.. and the back of the boat was gone to the guy was telling me that it was his bro's boat and he just paid 26000.00 for it.. i think he might be a little bummed about that i said.. so i gave him a pull back to shour and said good luck with your bro dude but i would not like to have to explain that one dude...

and one time out shark fishing over newport canyon about 5 mills out on my buddys boat .. we were useing his $400.00 cannon electric downriggers and a big mako decided it would like to eat the ball on the rigger and take the downrigger with it for a snak as well.. made a nasty hole in his graidy white boat to.. he was veay bummed!!!

from the fuzzyfisher---------------fish on dudes
[signature]
We were out fishing for carp one day and all of a sudden my grandsons pole took off, we couldn't get it in time, we figured it was lost. My son put on a treble hook and kept casting in the area he not only got the pole back but pulled in the fish too.
[signature]
One time I was out fishing all the local waters where i live on my bike. i stopped at the provo for some fly fishing had a little luck so decided to move on. as I was getting out of the water my fly box fell out of my pocket, along with my fly floatant.

then I decided I would ride ove to deer creek and try for some bass. well i was hooking up left and right into a school of bass along with a other guy, and when i packed up i did not notice my fly rods tip lying on the rocks, i steped on it(on accident) and thought that it was someones old rod tip and said that it sucked for them. I get home and start to unpack and i reallize it was mine that i steped on and broke and left. that was humilliating.

It took a preety long time to get a replacement for it so i did not gwet to go fly fishing for a while.
[signature]
[Sad]Last year while fishing for wipers,I was still a greenhorn,we where trolling white grubs,I told my wife to leave her pole in the rod holder and she did until late afternoon,when she decided to hold her pole,well she was opening here sunflower seeds with the pole resting on the seat,2 seconds later the pole belonged to willard bay and she was out a $70.00 rig I bot her 2 days before.LOL

TIGHT LINES

Tony[cool]
[signature]
I lose alot of stress when I fish. I also lose the outside world and usually my sobriety. lol Dan
[signature]
I had just got my boat, the second trip out in we where anchored in a cove on Island park, I sat and watched my knot untie itself, as I jumped up to grab the rope, my 200 dollar pair of sunglasses went into the lake, along with my new 40 dollar anchor, and my new 30 dollar gold braid 50 ft rope.
[signature]
A couple years ago I rescued two adults and two teenagers from Strawberry after their boat capsized. One of the men kept asking if I thought a leather wallet would float, and I told them it would be on the bottom of the lake (he had it in his back pocket and it had fallen out into the lake). He seemed very concerned, and I found out later that he had $500 in his wallet.
[signature]
man a-d this is a very sore subject with me set down my lews custom graphite rod with a shimano bait caster to help my buddy land a LMB turned around to resume fishing and one of my favorite rod and reels was gone and what really pissed me off was i didnt even have my bait in the water

aquaman
[signature]
hehehe, just be glad that your not the guy with that boat that fuzzyfisher was talking about. hahah

man a-d this is a very sore subject with me set down my lews custom graphite rod with a shimano bait caster to help my buddy land a LMB turned around to resume fishing and one of my favorite rod and reels was gone and what really pissed me off was i didnt even have my bait in the water
[signature]
Once my line wraped around my neck so I pulled it off, when I went to pull it off, it caught the back of my dimond earing, and the earing went flying into utah lake. Just watched it glimmer in the air, until it was gone.
[signature]
[purple][size 2]A couple years ago, HuntN4bass and Myself were fishing in a tournment at my office(Jordanelle). A let me start at the begininng, I always said if I dropped another rod into the water I would dive in after it. Well, we were fishing in a tournment when One of those wakeboarding sons-of-fishes came too close to us and threw a big wake at us. As the wake rolled under us, my chair started to tilt backwards and the bolts broke! I'm falling backwards and let go a $325 Loomis GLX spinning rod(my first and last) that had a $125 Quantum Response reel. I froze!!!! HuntN stuck his rod underneath mine twice before it slipped into the murkey depths. I froze!!! Then I stripped off all my clothes...and went looking for it. It was cold!!! It was scary down on the bottom, and green!!! HuntN still has nightmares for seeing my naked buttox. So, a couple of days later I get my scouts, snorkeling gear, and an Acqua View and go back up. Nada, nien, nuthin'. Every couple of days I would go back up and look. Its a damn expensive outfit!!! 70 days later the water has recided almost 20 feet. Guess what my neighbor kid and me found. [/size][/purple]

[purple][size 2] I cleaned up the rod it was in good condition. I sent an email to Quantum. They told me to send it back to them and they would send me a new reel. Two months later, I received a brand new reel.[/size][/purple]

[#800080][size 2] Also, I have dropped 2 rods in Strawberry. It wasn't my fault, honest. [/size][/#800080]
[signature]
ok guys with all of these rods over the the side stories i got a good one to tell you Was out tuna fishing in SoCal fish were around but hardly biting one of the guys leans his pole against the railing and has a seat on the "island" all of a sudden over the rail goes his pole this guy did'nt give it a first thought he jumps up and takes a flying dive right after it how he managed to catch it is a mistery to this day he treads water back to the boat hands his rod up to his buddy we get this nut back on the boat (with the aid of a rope) he gets his pole back and goes on to land a 30# plus bluefintuna

aquaman
[signature]
Hi everyone, my first time here and I finally have something to contribute. Last fall at Jordanelle while we were pulling up our anchor we caught another rope and anchor.
[signature]
Good to have you on the site Katt, I see you have been registered since February. We are glad to have you posting, what kind of fishing do you do?
I was trolling Willard last year using a boom that I had just bought. All of a sudden I got one of those awesome wiper strikes and bam, there goes the boom, rod & reel and the rod holder. My partner had just reeled in so he made a cast before the whole setup went down and hooked my rod & reel, the pole holder was still attached but the boom use gone. At least I got most of the stuff back. WH2
[signature]
[#ff0000]I would say value is relative. I had an old timer pocket knife I found going through my grandfather's tackle box that I inherited. I took it on a backpacking trip through the Rattlesnake Wilderness Area in Western Montana. We had hiked three days into my all time favorite little nameless lake. It is an odd little pond. It's shaped like a horseshoe with the inlet and outlet running 180 degrees from each other with progressive deep cliffs around the curved part. I had cleaned a couple fish on the opposite side of the lake from my camp and set it down along the shore after rinsing it off. I didn't realize that it was still lying there until I was camped again two peaks over. My only solace is that I couldn't have picked a better place on Earth to have left such a treasure. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
Bank fishing on the snake river for smallmouth bass ... my favorite rod was almost history! I just stuck a nice smallie and my father and I were looking at it and then released it. I re-tied my bait on and cast out ... SLIP there goes my rod tip! I just sat there and mummed and cried for a second and started to tell my dad and he started casting his lure out in that direction. There is current mind you and this is no ordinary river, it's the SNAKE RIVER. He caught the tip of my rod by chance and it wasn't floating! He had on a single jighead witha kalin's grub. WOW Dad's are awesome!

Last Summer .... Jordanelle Reservoir ... Tourney time! ... I borrowed my buddies portable radio, you know, the ones that clip on your belt about the size of a 50 cent piece. Well, I cas out and couldn't hear the music anymore in my headset. and there it went ... right down to the bottom. Sorry "J"...

Deer Creek Reservoir ... 5 Young Ladies and quite the set of thongs. ... My buddy and I were fishing the bank and walked around the point by rainbow bay, 5 ladies around 18 or 19 years old were splashing around and giggling. I looked at my buddy and our jaws just dropped. They were wearing thongs and started to catfight ... Yeah Baby! So we just "hunkered down" like duck hunters and lost our minds for about 10 minutes. He he he.
[signature]
what have I lost?

MY STATE OF SANITY [crazy]

Last year while fishing with a buddy off here on the jordan with my little boat we start having a problem with his motor. As we are drifting along I decide to throw anchor after about 5-10 seconds I hear this loud bang.... did not think anything of it. Then I notice we are driftin again (I guess the anchor did not catch) So I start pulling in rope to reset it and hey.................................no more anchor. I just bought it 2 days before.

NEVER NEVER use nylon rope...it blows.

Fun post.
[signature]
About 6 years ago during that red-hot white bass feeding frenzy that went on for about a week. You caught a white bass on every cast. There were so many people in the same area on the Provo River, the east side of the center street bridge. I had to find a place for me to safely fish. I went out on a dead tree's limb that hung about 15 feet out over the river. I was having a blast catching white bass by the hundreds. There was a point in time when I caught a certain mean whitey that refused to give up, even out of the water, I was juggling my rod, on the tree, while I struggled to pull my silver PM spinner out of its mouth when its sharp dorsal fin arched up and cut the palm of my hand thus a open wound and bleeding, I was shocked to see that happen, as it is, I dropped the rod into the water along with that bass. !@#$%! That was a old rod from my boy scout days a telescopic daiwai rod with daiwai reel that I had won for selling certain number of Scout-0-Rama tickets.

So you know, I'm a surfer who grew up in cold waters of California. This was in May, and I had no idea how cold the water is. I dove into the water, and sheeeeeeeeeesssh that water is fricking colder than Santa's front porch! I was spooked to see all that tree roots sticking out scaring the bejeepers out of me, I had to head up. I did not realize that portion of the river was that deep. I dove in at least 12 feet, and couldn't feel the bottom, and the currents was rather frightening with the roots snagging at me. I had to call it quits. It was a lot scarier than surfing a ten foot west sunset peaks in Hawaii! Oh well... that rod/reel wasn't worth it. As far as I know it's still there.[cool]
[signature]
I as everyone else, have watched a fish catch my rod and reel. I thought I might throw a little reverse on the subject. Things found in the Green River by our diver, Marcus.

14' aluminum boat (he thinks a canoe, it was 3/4 buried) - it's still there, we couldn't get it out.

Entire bench seat, including 2 seats, from a Benchcraft driftboat.

Buck hunting knife (about an 8" blade), in the scabbard.

Dozens of rods and reels, fly, spinning, and casting.

A few tackle boxes

Brand new $600 Orvis fly rod............In the case!

Last, but not least. Four people can back this up. Marcus came up with the uppers of a set of dentures. If this wasn't strange enough, a few minutes later, we came across a boat of people and were discussing the fun and money to be had diving in the Green. We told them of the find, and one of them said "I lost a set up here a few months ago" we about died. What were the odds of finding the teeth, and the owner in the same day? They waited for us at Little Hole. The teeth were rinsed off and "tried on for size". They were not his! So at least 2 people have lost dentures in the river.
[signature]