Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there a correct place for Oars?
I've got a 12' Aluminum skiff for fly fishing. If we ever get any water, I plan to fish again.
Meanwhile, during the winter I plan to move the Oars to a 'correct' place in the boat.
Right now the oars nearly meet in the middle.
I want those handles to be in front of my shoulders.
Also, the oarlocks are between my knees and my hips, but closer to my hips.
I want them closer to my knees.
I can do all this with the 'moving map' in my mind, but I'm wondering if there is documentation somewhere that will tell me what the standard is?
Anybody ever run across something as mundane as 'Oar installation instructions? Is that possible?[Smile]
[Image: 01010011.jpg]
[signature]
no such bird of a law in michigan...

but let me say this, insted of moving the oar locks, just put a pair of new ones where you want them, this way you dont have holes you will need to plug and the oar locks are still in preset manufacture position if and when you ever decide to sell the boat.

some one else may not want the oar locks where you put them and will kick on buying it then. when you sell you can tell them the other set of oar locks is for some one with longer or shorter arms. They will buy that idea.[Wink]
[signature]
[sly]The Clown speaks with wisdom!
In fact I did not like the Oarlocks I have. They have already been moved twice.
I'll leave the ugly ones where they are and put in two classy new Hi-boy's where I want them.
I think my Oars are long enough. I just need to get them a little deeper into the water.
Oars dont fare well if they are left out in the weather. This will probably be the last season for the ones I have.
I'll be starting all new pretty soon.

I like rowing. It's much like you guys and your tubes. So quiet and peaceful. I dont like noisy squeaky Oar locks.
[signature]
Inexpensive Electric motor and 1 12 volt battery...
[signature]