Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 12/29 and the 27 incher
Well, I guess I'll post my report finally. I have been up to the marina twice now, once on the 26th and now on the 29th. The first time Flycastin and I headed up there, there was still open water in the marina but we managed to find 30ft of water with a good solid two inches of ice. We iced easily 50 fish between the two of us and caught two or three that were a bit over the slot. Flycastin managed to pull out a nice 23 1/2 incher.
On the 29th we found that the whole marina had frozen over with about four inches and about two inches out in the middle. We headed out a ways and set up. Between three of us we landed another 50 fish, but the highlight of the day was when i hooked my biggest trout to date. I set the hook and held on for the ride of my life. He ripped line and went back and forth for about five minutes. When I finally got him to the hole he shook back and forth and thought for sure he would break me off. We finally got him landed and I just about pooped a tWinky. A monster 27 incher with a 15 inch girth. What a beast!!! We also landed a couple more that went 23 inches. It was another fantastic day at the berry and a experience to remember. This fish just blows your average cutt out of the water, I'm getting a replica mount done so I'll have to post it up when it's done. I also found a six inch rainbow that was half digested in his belly. What a freakin day!!! If anyone wants to know any specifics, feel free to PM me.
Enjoy the pics!!!!!!!!
Hookjaw
[signature]
Yea that is awesome we had a great day there to but not that great i cant wait to see the replica mount[cool]
[signature]
Congrats on the big and beautiful fish!! Isn't Strawberry just awesome?
[signature]
Whoa! Thats a dang nice fish! Good on ya!

KF
[signature]
Great fish,Got to love that head shake on them big fish up there.[cool]
[signature]
Holy Smokes , that is one Great Catch. Mind if I ask what you were using?Looks like the berry is beginning to come around. Great job guys.

AFDan52
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Total Photoshop job [Tongue], Just kidding.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Very nice fish that has to be the biggest Cut I have ever seen.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Congrats,[/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
Nice fish Matt! Wish you could make it tomorrow.
[signature]
Nice Toad dude. good on ya.

Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
The only thing that needs to be replicated is the blood.[Wink] Wish I could say that I've let all the big fish go that I've landed.
[signature]
Super fish....Smile
[signature]
Nice fish, I could only wish for a day like that.....

craig
[signature]
Nice fish, looks like you guys had a good day.
[signature]
I'm going up new years day, I hope I have half the day you did. Nice job!
[signature]
I kept him. I was originally going to get a skin mount done but it was a bit pricey and I have a friend that does really good replica mounts. I also really wanted to eat the bad boy. Man was he good!!! fed the whole family for dinner.
[signature]
What a super fish! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Nice fish!!!! YOU ATE that thing, yuk!!!! lol, maybe smoked could be ok, but thats it for me, I just don't like trout to eat.
later chuck
[signature]
Nice fish, that thing is a HOG...
[signature]
That is a monster! congrats on a fine fish.
[signature]
[Wink]

Way ta,,,,
[signature]