Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought Time!
Due to an unforseen event in September of 2007, I had to move. Not all bad cause now I live in the Fancier part of town with a nicer house. But the phone lines are very old here (which I just can't understand due to the price of these houses) so there is NO DSL. Wireless is out of the question because of all the HUGE trees. So, my speed os 22 to 25 which is TERRIBLE.
It takes forever to go to forums with a lot of artwork like this one, so I have not been posting much. Plus I can't get a lot of the kewl stuff you are posting.
BUT! The light at the end of the tunnel might have just gone on. If things go the way they are SUPPOSE to, I will have COMCAST later today.
So, if that happens....LOOK OUT, BRING IT ON!.....SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT, etc, etc,
[signature]
[black][size 3]Well FG, good to hear and welcome to the world of current technology. I went with Qwest High speed a few months ago, and it's been quite good. (I couldn't go back to regular telephone hookup)[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]It will be a whole new world for you. I have amast a few fishing related sites that you may want to check out. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Im keeping fingers crossed in hopes you get that comcast.. we miss your posts sis... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Saberfish, is the qwest high speed still with the telephone, cause there again inlies the problem, or it was the one that was $99. a month and that ain't gonna happen!
My dad (who keeps telling me the house is now also mine[crazy]) is very stuborn on cable going into the house. Cement floor so it goes through the ceiling, but he won't let anyone up there cause they will smash the insulation. Coax was already in both bedrooms and TV room so Dish network wasn't too much of a fight, but now COMCAST! Well we bought a wireless router and hope that will work, if not, I will be gagging and tieing pop in a closet till he is done.
The Mac Book is all ready with Bluetooth, but we had to buy one for the table version. This has been a bit costy, but what the heck.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Joni,[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]When I installed with Qwest, I went onto their web site to see what they offered. By entering a telephone number, it will tell you if you can hook up to their service. In my case, it was possible, and so I called them, and they sent me a modem, with instructions, and it was all done in a matter of days. The costs were reasonable, and I was able to use an existing phone line, and still use the phone.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]My son had the cable hookup for a while, and was not pleased with it, and it was with his recommendation that I went with Qwest. Also several members on BFT reported good service from Qwest.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
If I am thinking the right one, cause as I said we check several. It is the telephone lines that are messed up here. They said they are working on this area, but we have no idea how long. The DSL telephone would be our first choice, but we are not given that choice.

Who knows, maybe in six months they will have fixed the lines here (would fiber optics be fantastic!) and that is when this introductery price ends.
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]What MacFly was trying to say is that first you have to update your phone. Here is the latest model being offered. LOL [Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=32539;][/center]
[signature]
..did you come into my house and take pictures of my setup again.. how many times have I asked you to not post pictures of my stuff.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Golly gee wiz I was only funning.[Tongue][/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
...golly gee wiz beav...[sly] ... I was joshing as well my friend.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Hey there mi amigo - didn't realize that you had one too. BTW I just traded in my key board. You know the one that goes [font "Times New Roman"][black]...---... [/black][/font][Wink] Ah come on guys that is morse code. Kind of hard to do semaphore over long distances.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
(_. _ _ _ ._ _ ) ( _ .... ._ _) (.. ...) (.._. .._ _. _. _._ _)

..parenthesis seperate words.. lol. translation is..

now that is funny.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]