Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tincanfsh, Yaks, Bows and Bass
My friend Tincanfsh made the trip to the Basin Saturday to test out the Yaks. Tincanfsh got up early and used his float tube in the am for nadda. Water temp was 47 degrees and the air temp ended up in the 70's by mid day, and it was glassy calm most of the day. I slept in and arrived at 9:00 and we launched the Yaks. I should note here that it was Tincan's 6th wedding anniversary Saturday, so we both owe his very generous wife a big thank you for allowing this trip to even happen. We should all have such understanding women. Total for the day was two rainbow trout (fishing was slow compared to earlier in the week) and four largemouth bass. Tincanfsh gets the jackpot for big fish (see pic, he's in the yellow Yak). I have obscured his face in the pics to help maintain his anonimity. Tincanfsh also saved the day by developing our technique for the bass. A combination troll drift was the ticket. All in all, a very good day to be on the water. The wind kicked up just as we were leaving, so it was absolutely perfect. I believe we have another covert to the Yaks. FYI That rainbow self liberated a millisecond after the pic was snapped. All fish released to fight again (not always, just today).

Good Fishing, Kayote

[Image: l35124.jpg]

[Image: l35093.jpg]

[Image: l35123.jpg]

[Image: l35092.jpg]

[Image: l35122.jpg]
[signature]
the rainbow pic is most excellent ! ! !

but your buddy looks a little jaundiced . .

[cool]

sm
[signature]
Hey Kayote,
Thanks again fot the great trip with the Yaks.[Smile] Don't I look handsome in the pics. My wife has giving to O.K. to start looking into getting a yak. What a cool wife I have found.[cool]
[signature]
does she have a sister?

[cool]

sm
[signature]
Hey, what lake is that at? Looks like a lot of fun.
[signature]
I could swear I had a picture of him on a tee shirt back in the 70's. He's more famous then me. Now, I just make license plates.

IFG
Great pics, Must be pretty good when you can talk the trout into just jumping right here to your yak "here fishy fishy fishy"[Wink]
[signature]
Where is this
[signature]
Hey Tincanfsh,

Don't forget to check Everything in the Barn in Midway. He had some super great deals on used yaks, and he is a really nice guy to work with. I think he'll let you have a free test drive on Deer Creek. Later

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Could you PM me where it is?
[signature]