Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timber Rattler
[font "Courier New"][size 4]This snake was recently found at the gypsumplant located just south of Tawas City by Fran Mathy while installing a meter for consumers energy,Fran wasn't strong enough to pick it up so his buddy Oliver is holding it.[/size][/font]
[font "Courier New"][#000000][size 4]A reminder that these snakes are actually out there .9 feet, 1 inch - 97 lbs.[/size][/#000000][/font]
Impressive night crawller, lookes like he has had himself a couple hossenphepper dinners..[Tongue]

thanks for the pic...

saw one of them my self, some 40 years back on the farm in south east michigan.. I like your bud tried to catch it, but before I could mine ducked down a hole,

other snakes do wonder in to michigan, via hithiking and watterways, wattermoccins have been spotted, coral snakes have been seen during hot dry spells... and as the climate worms those snakes will continue to move north.. before the last decade cotton mouths were primarily south of the ohio river, now they are being seen more often north of the river...
[signature]
Seen my first rattler back in the 60's on a farm in brownstown , that's back when they had bears there also .
saw coral snakes at Mc Louth steel in Gibralter , they would come in on the rail cars from Texas and would stay near the ovens that baked the rust off the steal after pickeling .
1 puff adder up my way a few years ago but, he didn't stand a chance with the 870 .
I do love coming across a grass snake every now and then , they just look cool !
[signature]
Wow!! 9 feet long!!!

Holy Cow. You could feed a family of 5 with one of those. Those little guys are good on the BarBQ.[cool]
[signature]